Converting personal messages (step 1)... Duplicate entry 'xxxxx'

Started by chelseaphil, December 04, 2014, 05:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chelseaphil

OK, after my problems yesterday I decided to take the advice of a member on here and take the opportunity to upgrade to smf2. Luckily I had a back up from August that was set up on phpbb.  I do not have a current back up that is accessible. So I thought do the convert. All went well until I got this message:
Converting personal messages (step 1)...
Duplicate entry '91717' for key 'PRIMARY'

Trouble is I find the key delete and another pops up. I have over 200,000 PMs. It is a fairly large forum with over 7000 members.

How on earth can I speed things up without having to go through every single Duplicate key. Actually there are no duplicates that I can see. Please help someone :(

kat

I realise that this isn't a "solution", as such... But, in a great number of instances, restarting the converter somehow "cures" these things.

Have you tried repairing the database, in CPanel, though?

chelseaphil

Yeah done that. When you say restart do you mean literally from the very beginning?

kat

Reading through a load of topics, earlier, it seems that just restarting that step can work, or the whole thing.

Sorry that it's all a bit "hit'n'miss"... :(

margarett

I don't know which converter you're using, but any way it should be similar. Edit the .sql file, find this bit of code:
/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting personal messages (step 1)...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}personal_messages;

---* {$to_prefix}personal_messages

Add after:
---{
$ignore = true;
---}

It should ignore the duplicate IDs automatically ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: