Search function help

Started by Searchfunc, January 25, 2015, 03:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Searchfunc

Hello i'm trying to create my own api ;
And want to know how is the search post encode and if i sent a curl post to index.php?action=mlist;sa=search what should
be the search post utf-8 or what ?
E.g the name i want to search contain ł

Arantor

Firstly, did you want to search the member list or the main search?

Secondly, is your plan for the API to scrape the page result as opposed to having a proper API? It's kind of hard to understand what you're trying to do from this.

Searchfunc

Quote from: Arantor on January 25, 2015, 04:00:56 PM
Firstly, did you want to search the member list or the main search?

Secondly, is your plan for the API to scrape the page result as opposed to having a proper API? It's kind of hard to understand what you're trying to do from this.
I just want to search on the main search with curl and can't find user with specific caractere's like ł

Arantor

Well, firstly, main search is not the same as member list search (which is the one you've asked about)

Even doing the main search with cURL is... complicated. There's a whole bunch of parameters you have to provide, encoding is complicated depending on whether the site is using UTF-8 or not. Then you only get a small number of results at a time.

I still don't get what you're actually trying to achieve by doing this because this sounds like the most complicated way to build an API.

Searchfunc

Quote from: Arantor on January 25, 2015, 04:11:36 PM
Well, firstly, main search is not the same as member list search (which is the one you've asked about)

Even doing the main search with cURL is... complicated. There's a whole bunch of parameters you have to provide, encoding is complicated depending on whether the site is using UTF-8 or not. Then you only get a small number of results at a time.

I still don't get what you're actually trying to achieve by doing this because this sounds like the most complicated way to build an API.
I don't realy want to create and api but just want to post to index.php?action=mlist;sa=search with curl I get result for users
but if i post ł with curl no users found

Arantor

So, again, are you using UTF-8 or not?

Searchfunc

Quote from: Arantor on January 25, 2015, 04:18:32 PM
So, again, are you using UTF-8 or not?
I get in the search field with tamper data : %26%23322%3B%26%23322%3B
i don't know if utf-8 or not whats the solutions

Arantor

Well, you need to know whether the site you're trying to do this with is using UTF-8 or not, simply because that makes a huge difference (as to whether you send content in UTF-8 or not)... it sounds like not with your case.

Advertisement: