News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ran into error when updating SMF last verion of 1.0 to 2.0

Started by bislab, January 30, 2015, 01:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bislab

I get this error when trying the upgrade.

WARNING: require_once(/homg/content/b/i/s/bislab/html/forums/Sources/Subs-Auth.php)

and

Fatal Error: require_once():Failed opening required '/home/content/bi/i/s/bislab/html/fourms.....

any suggestions with this please?

Illori

check if that file actually exists. if not find it in the installer zip and upload it to your server.

bislab

Thanks for the quick reply.  I did make sure those files were in the directory and they are.  Here is the complete error i'm getting now:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/b/i/s/bislab/html/forums/Sources/Subs-Auth.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/i/s/bislab/html/forums/Sources/Security.php on line 543

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/b/i/s/bislab/html/forums/Sources/Subs-Auth.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/b/i/s/bislab/html/forums/Sources/Security.php on line 543

Illori

are you using ftp to upload that file? if so can you try your hosts file manager from your control panel?

bislab

I did indeed FTP everything onto te server.  If I understand correctly, you're asking me not to do that and use my hosting services file management console?

Illori

bislab

That worked, but I had to re-upload the entire source folder for it to work.  When I did just the one file, it threw out another missing file error in the same directory.  Do you have an explanation as to WHY that would work though?  I DID try doing chmod on the files and directories, so it wasn't a permission problem.  Thank you though.  Everything seems to be working fine now.

Kindred

Are you using godaddy, by any chance?

I am betting that your host, whoever it is, had a "protection" installed which made the assumption that subs-auth.php was a bad file... We have actually seen it before.., they automatically delete the file without even making a notation on it, (mostly because they are idiots who don't understand actual security)

Be aware, if this is the actual cause,  there is a chance that this happens spontaneously, which would crash your forum...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bislab

It is in fact Godaddy.  I've never had an issue before with my forums though, so the spontaneous thing has not hit me.  Also, if this is the case, it's not JUST that file that it didn't like.  There were several more in that folder that it reported as missing until I just uploaded the whole folder through their interface.

Kindred

Yup...  They are idiots like that. I think we gave seen reports on 3 or 4 files disappearing during FTP upload
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: