Issue converting from MiniBB

Started by MKB-Psycho, February 04, 2015, 05:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKB-Psycho

Hi all

Just trying to import from MiniBB into SMF and getting this error:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MiniBB 2.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user <useraccountforSMF> for table 'minibbtable_users' 

Tried to add in the SMF Account to the minibb database and after speaking to the hosting company, have found i can only have 1 user per database, and of course the MiniBB and SMF are different user accounts

So my question - is there any way of either changing the username SMF uses to connect to the source database OR is there another way of doing it (I'm thinking possibly export the SQL data to a file, import to the SMF Database in a new table then try again?)

Unfortunately i can't modify the SQL permissions / add more users to my hosting plan without doing a complete migration to a new hosting package and moving all the site, data, forum, databases etc etc which i just don't have time to do, so ideally would like to find a way, as moving the old MiniBB forum would be a nightmare anyhow as it's sooo old the code doesn't work on new PHP servers!!!

margarett

You can install SMF in the same database as MiniBB. They use different prefixes so you should be safe ;)
By doing this you increase the need of a backup :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MKB-Psycho

Ahhh that's makes perfect sense, of course they use their own prefix, now why didn't i think of that earlier !!!

Thanks again.

(Off to remove & reinstall SMF in teh same db, after backing it up of course!!)

Advertisement: