News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Images and quotes

Started by Skuzzy, February 19, 2015, 05:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skuzzy

Hope this is the place to ask.

We used to have a mod on our old 1.1 board which prevented images from being propagated when someone quoted the post in their post.  I have not been able to find something like that in the mods for 2.0.

That does not mean there is not one, it just means I have not been able to find it. 

Anyone know of such a mod for 2.0?

Kindred

I believe it is called something like remove quotes images or remove images in quotes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

I use that mod and it works great but there is one caveat ... if the quoted image is surrounded by center tags for example, it will still show in the next post.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Skuzzy

Silly question ahead!

As a general rule, is it safe to say a mod which claims it is for version 2.0.x will work with 2.0.9?

Thank you for the support (margarett) and confirmation it should work (Steve)!

Now, how do I display the "group" based permission tag (i.e. 5 stars = super nova) instead of the default member group in the user info?  Is that a mod?

margarett

Generally speaking, yes. There will be edge cases but the vast majority will. A backup can never hurt :P

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Skuzzy

Oh, I am all about backups.  Local backup (real time), remote backup (daily), and offsite backup (three times a week).

Any thought on how to replace that forum permission tag with the group tag?  I did it on 1.1.  Must have been a mod, but I'll be darned if I can figure out which one of the 38 that were installed.

Or should I start another thread as this is a different question?

margarett

Dunno, I think it can go on here ;)

What you want is a way to show the stars of both the primary membergroup AND the post count membergroup? Maybe a printscreen to help me understand? ;)

Skuzzy

Sorry for the delay.  Attached is what I am talking about.  Note the tag above the row of stars?  The tag name "Plutonium" is what that group of stars is named.

margarett

If you don't assign any primary membergroup, SMF will show both the name and stars of the post-count membergroup.
I think that this is what you want?

Do note, though, you need at least 1 user with primary group "1" -> administrator ;)

Illori

Quote from: margarett on February 23, 2015, 01:57:46 PM
Do note, though, you need at least 1 user with primary group "1" -> administrator ;)

there must be at least 1 admin, it can be an additional group. it is not required to be a primary group.

Skuzzy

If I do not assign a primary group, then how do the people get permissions to access the various forums?

margarett

Illori

everyone by default is in the "regular members" group if no other primary group is assigned to them. otherwise you can add additional groups to each user.

Skuzzy

I have no one in my "Regular Members" group.

So I have to move everyone from my "Public Forums" group to the "Regular Members" group and then remove the default primary group in order to get those tags back?

margarett

When you remove that group they will automagically be put in Regular Members ;)

Skuzzy

You sure know how to make an admin nervous. :)

Skuzzy

Okay, attached the "Regular Members" group to all the public forums, assigned permissions, then executed a query to the id_group to 0 in the table.  Everything seems to be fine.

Thank you for the help.

Advertisement: