Re: Calendar and Birthday Emails

Started by scotchmonster, March 30, 2015, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotchmonster

I have noticed the calendar displays members age therefore giving away their date of birth.
Is there a way to display their birthday but conceal their ager and therefore their date of birth?

I know they must have made it ok to display this when they registered but for some this was years ago and things have changed.

Is there a way I can stop the year of birth being displayed on their profiles as well? Therefore protecting them from themselves?

margarett

You just need to don't fill the year of birth, it will do it exactly as you want.

If you want to do it in code, best bet is to hack Load.php, find:
        'birth_date' => empty($profile['birthdate']) || $profile['birthdate'] === '0001-01-01' ? '0000-00-00' : (substr($profile['birthdate'], 0, 4) === '0004' ? '0000' . substr($profile['birthdate'], 4) : $profile['birthdate']),
Replace with
'birth_date' => empty($profile['birthdate']) || $profile['birthdate'] === '0001-01-01' ? '0000-00-00' : '0000' . substr($profile['birthdate'], 4),

Subs-Calendar.php, find
'age' => $row['birth_year'] > 4 && $row['birth_year'] <= $age_year ? $age_year - $row['birth_year'] : null,
Replace with:
'age' => null,

And that should be it, age is gone (at least in where I can remember for now :P )
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: