News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

allowedTo function in subs-db-mysql

Started by lady_l, April 09, 2015, 09:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lady_l

I was getting an error message while running repair_settings.php to fix a problem I had when I uploaded an upgrade of SMF 2.0.9 . On the repair settings page,
after the text field for attachment directory, it displayed an error and cut off the rest of the page.

The message was that on line 594 and 595 the function allowedTo did not exist.By commenting out that block of code (up to line 610)I was  able to view the rest of the repair settings page and successfully use it to update my settings.

Just want to LYK about this bug,and if there was a problem on my end that I could potentially fix instead.

Thanks,
LL
"And we're vagabonds/we travel without seatbelts on/we live this close to death"

margarett

That error "masks" another error in repair_settings (that clearly would have a reason to happen). SMF (through $smcFunc) tries to add it to smf_log_errors and *THAT* triggers your error.

If you can reproduce the issue again I'm willing to investigate it. But I would hardly call what happened to you a bug ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

lady_l

I see..... OK.

Well right now I am working with TP on my test forum. But when I upgrade the liveforum we'll see if it happens again. In the meantime thank you.

LL
"And we're vagabonds/we travel without seatbelts on/we live this close to death"

Advertisement: