program intergration session

Started by kyle19208, October 18, 2005, 12:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyle19208

I'm trying to integrate SMF with another program. So far I have it integrated, the only problem is the login page. Both programs are sharing the same database and tables, yet the other program uses only md5 while SMF uses md5 + a salt. So after the user logs in from the first program into SMF and then tries to back into the first program, their password no longer works for the first program because SMF hashed it further than it did.

So I was trying to have the SMF login recognize the other programs session ID's so that the user won't have to login through SMF at all, because their session will still be recognized from the first program, but I'm not entirely certain with how to go about that.

Would anyone happen to know which pages to edit, and what to do, exactly?

edit: forgot to say which program I'm using, it's efiction 1.1.
I've asked for assitance on this their forum... but the people there weren't very friendly, so I'm trying my luck here.

edit: the session ID for efiction is "loggedin", so where would I put that in the loginout.php file so that when someone goes to the index page of SMF they are automatically logged in based on the efiction session?

Advertisement: