RSS-Feed-Error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function cdata_parse()..."

Started by K-Forum, April 12, 2015, 11:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Forum

Hi folks,

I am getting an error-message on the RSS-Feed:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function cdata_parse() in /homepages/4/d121110591/htdocs/kreislerforum/Sources/News.php on line 790"
http://www.georgkreisler.net/.xml/?type=rss

I updated our forum to 2.0.9 and set php to 5.5 some weeks ago, so it might be related to that somehow.
I also found another post on a similar issue. And somebody said that it could relate to Pretty Urls. But the line of code was a different one, so it didn't help me.

I attached the News.php. I can't figure out, what to do with it. Maybe somebody with more experience knows a solution.

Thank you

margarett

Not sure if you fixed this already, anyway I'm sorry I missed this topic, as was to check the problem when you posted it and... I forgot :P

Anyway, your file is messed, the fix should be easy (and I guess related to Pretty URLs).
Here:
        call_integration_hook('integrate_fix_url', array(&$val));

/***        if (empty($modSettings['queryless_urls']) || ($context['server']['is_cgi'] && @ini_get('cgi.fix_pathinfo') == 0 && @get_cfg_var('cgi.fix_pathinfo') == 0) || (!$context['server']['is_apache'] && !$context['server']['is_lighttpd']))
                return $val;

$val = preg_replace_callback('~^' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?((?:board|topic)=[^#"]+)(#[^"]*)?$~', 'feed_fix__preg_callback', $val);
        return $val;

}

You are not closing the comment and a big part of your file is commented out. You just need to add "*/" (without quotes) in the right place, eg:
/***        if (empty($modSettings['queryless_urls']) || ($context['server']['is_cgi'] && @ini_get('cgi.fix_pathinfo') == 0 && @get_cfg_var('cgi.fix_pathinfo') == 0) || (!$context['server']['is_apache'] && !$context['server']['is_lighttpd']))
                return $val;

$val = preg_replace_callback('~^' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?((?:board|topic)=[^#"]+)(#[^"]*)?$~', 'feed_fix__preg_callback', $val); ***/
        return $val;

}
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

K-Forum

Now it took me some time to come back here, because in the meantime I had screwed up my business webpage (joomla). :) Now it's unscrewed again, and my brain is back to cope with the Forum-RSS-thing. So your answer was just perfect and in time.

Thanks a lot, margarett! That helped!
I hadn't seen that the whole stuff was commented out. Couldn't see the forest for the trees. And I surely would have checked the file for more complicated issues, so I am very glad that you came up with the starry-bits-fix.

Thank you very, very much for your help!
(Now the feed is back and my Website is back. Kinda Birthday  :). Now I go and embed the RSS there, the way it used to be...)

Thank you!

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: