News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Database Error

Started by MtnDon, April 14, 2015, 10:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MtnDon

So I decided to try the Beta 2.1 version out. My ISP set upthe database. I installed the 2.1 beta and all seemed to go well during the install.

When I open the "Welcome to SMF!" topic in the General Board the way it comes I see no message.Rather I get the following....

"FUNCTION dmiller_smf.IFNULL does not exist
File: /u2/dmiller/public_html/pinewoodpreschool.com/smf/Sources/Display.php
Line: 175"

I get the same message when I try to post in a new board I set up.

However, when I log out and view the same "Welcome" as a guest I receive a different error message....

"Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."

So the question is, did I setup something wrong?  Or is there a bug?

My beta version is set up at   http://pinewoodpreschool.com/smf/index.php

I can see the database with the tools provided by the ISP. Lots of data there. Not that I know anything about doing anything .... I just looked, changed nothing.

vbgamer45

What database are you using and version?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MtnDon

OOPs,sorry about that   

mysql5.swcp.com
Server version: 5.0.84-log
Protocol version: 10
utf8

and

phpMyAdmin - 2.11.11.3
MySQL client version: 5.1.62
Used PHP extensions: mysql

Kindred

also,   which version of the beta did you use/   the beta which is currently on this site has tons of known issues ... of which many have been solved,  it is the beta from github that you should be testing at this point

from your error, it would seem that you have something misconfigured...  however, since you did not set up the database and can't really debug the issue, it is very hard to tell exactly what
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Find in ./Sources/Display.php at line 161

IFNULL (mem.real_name, ms.poster_name) AS topic_started_name

Replace with

IFNULL(mem.real_name, ms.poster_name) AS topic_started_name

MtnDon

Quote from: Kindred on April 15, 2015, 01:22:55 AM
also,   which version of the beta did you use/   the beta which is currently on this site has tons of known issues ... of which many have been solved,  it is the beta from github that you should be testing at this point

Thank you.... I'm new to this beta thing, although I do help admin a version 2.0 and can feel my way around that okay.

I had a look at github; never heard of it before this. On first look I did not see where to download. I'll look again

MtnDon

Quote from: live627 on April 15, 2015, 02:10:46 AM
Find in ./Sources/Display.php at line 161

IFNULL (mem.real_name, ms.poster_name) AS topic_started_name

Replace with

IFNULL(mem.real_name, ms.poster_name) AS topic_started_name

I did that and it works.  Thank you.  Now I have to see where the most up to date version can be found.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MtnDon

Thanks

I thought there was a way to mark this competed?

Steve

Depends on which board you're in apparently. Looks like it's not necessary in this one. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: