News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrade 2.0.9 > 2.0.10 Errors: Support Needed

Started by Suriya-DsR, April 27, 2015, 07:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suriya-DsR

When updating my forum that was running 2.0.9 to the newest version I got the error that displayed an issue with the following file:

Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

It asked me to edit the line that said // Version: 2.0.8; to the 2.0.10; and I did it manually. When I went to check the current version of my files I got this:

How can I edit these files so that they display the correct version?

margarett

Can you click the "Sources" link so that it shows the detailed Sources info?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Suriya-DsR

Under Sources, these are the files that are highlighted in red:
Subs-Post.php    2.0.8    2.0.10

Under Languages these are the files that are highlighted in red:
index.english.php    2.0.7    2.0.10

margarett

OK, so which version is noted in the header of these 2 files?
Forget this, wrong thinking :P
Need to look at the patch code, BRB

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Suriya-DsR

I'll be waiting with bells on :)
Thank you for your assistance.

margarett

OK so I got it.

The version update is not mandatory for this file (and for some others) due to old version mismatches, so it wasn't updated to 2.0.10
If you confirm, in your file, that you have the correct change in the code, eg, you have this:
$htmlfunc = create_function('$m', 'return \'[html]\' . strtr(un_htmlspecialchars("$m[1]"), array("\n" => \'
\', \'  \' => \'  \', \'[\' => \'[\', \']\' => \']\')) . \'[/html]\';');
Instead of this
$htmlfunc = create_function('$m', 'return \'[html]\' . strtr(un_htmlspecialchars("$m[1]"), array("\n" => \'
\', \' \' => \'  \', \'[\' => \'[\', \']\' => \']\')) . \'[/html]\';');
(subtle difference of an extra space)

You can change the version header yourself, to version 2.0.10 so that it will be fine for next releases.

The issue with index.english.php is something that other people also reported. Again, you need to edit the header manually if you confirm that the file changes are in place.

Suriya-DsR

Now, I have done a find for the first code line and confirmed that it is not there. The second line of code is found. Where in the coding would I change the header to fix the coding for both files?

I would post the coding, but I was told there were too many characters for that.

*EDIT* Specifically for the Sub-Post.php that is giving me the 2.0.8 version and I can't seem to find that anywhere in the actual coding.

*EDIT 2* Forget I asked - I managed to fix the files correctly :D Thank you very, very much for your help!

Advertisement: