News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0.10 Package Manager

Started by roshaoar, April 30, 2015, 06:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roshaoar

Hi,

Would it be possible to add some 'ease of use' features to the package manager screens.  Installation date - 'installed' as an extra column, and the ability to sort ascending descending on all the columns?

To explain, I'm testing, playing with as many mods as can to see which cause issues and which don't, so that when I set up my real new board I don't make the mistake of adding problem causing mods. It's quite confusing syncing between my desktop folder where I have 60 mods and the package manager display.

Thank you for your time,

-Johan

Illori

in 2.1 there is an "installed" column that shows you the date when the package was installed.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

roshaoar

Thanks folks, appreciated :). I'm very new and very clueless around here -- and so I don't make the same mistake again am I to understand then that no new suggestions will be implemented for 2.0.10 unless critical security patches and the like?

Just fyi - The mods are a large reason of SMF's appeal. But, 2.1 failed when I tried to install it and I also suspect that some of the mods that really matter to me are also not available with it. Hence forced to go to 2.0.10, ergo the version request in the title. Apologies if dumb request.

Kindred

1- 2.0.x is in maintenance only status...  which means that only critical bugs and security issues get patched. We have been patching a few less than critical bugs in recent releases, but no new FEATURES will be added in 2.0.x

2- mods for 2.0.x will probably not work on 2.1 - unless the are hooks-only mods... and even then, it is a toss-up.

3- 2.1 is still in BETA1 release...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

roshaoar

Advertisement: