News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Change Reseller Theme Background Color

Started by peterwaalker, May 07, 2015, 02:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterwaalker

How can I change the body background color to blue or any other of my choice.
I'm done with the Nav bar, header, and footer area.
But left with body background color.
I have asked this question here initially alongside with search box but nobody seem to answer me.
Please help me. Thank you

Illori

just because you did not get a reply in a few days does not mean you can ask again in another topic. this is a specific issue to that theme and you should have some patience and see if someone that uses the theme or the author will reply to you in the themes support topic.

peterwaalker

Well I have waited but to no avial.
I'm not getting any support on that theme thread.
Can someone please help. Its a reseller theme. I want to change the background color of the theme. That's all I am seeking for.

Kindred

Well, if you are using a custom theme, you ask in the support topic for that theme...   Seriously, why do I have to remind you every single time?

However, the simple answer is... Learn about CSS. Use Firefox+firebug and check out the CSS for the body tag...  Especially the background statement
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

peterwaalker

Quote from: Kindred on May 09, 2015, 07:11:59 AM
Well, if you are using a custom theme, you ask in the support topic for that theme...   Seriously, why do I have to remind you every single time?

However, the simple answer is... Learn about CSS. Use Firefox+firebug and check out the CSS for the body tag...  Especially the background statement

Thank you for this wonderful guide.
Why I like you is that your support is always superb. You did not only give me fish but thought me how to fish.
The firebug integration showed me exactly where in CSS I should make the changes and guess what? It worked like charm.
I have also found solution to many questions I was asking before about the CSS of the reseller theme.
Thank you.
Respect Sir @Kindred

Majid1889

In index.css of your theme, In line 34 you'll see:
body
{
background: #E9EEF2 url(../images/theme/backdrop.png) repeat-x;
font: 78%/130% "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", sans-serif;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 15px 0;
}

change the first line of this code (means background):