News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hi, i try convert from PhpBB 3.1.3 to SMF 2.1 but i have a this problem

Started by fen_o_men, May 21, 2015, 04:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fen_o_men

Hi,
I install my SMF another folder in my hosting with new mysql database. Everything new... installation finished...
and after, i upload smf folder converter.php and run it. I see this message. Why ?
-

hxxp:farm9.staticflickr.com/8810/17737499528_cdebf3de32_o.jpg [nonactive]

margarett

Hi

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146192.0

That error means that the MySQL user which SMF uses to connect to the database is not allowed to access phpBB's database. You need to fix this in your host control panel or ask them to fix this for you ;)

Anyway, the converters are not (yet) ready for 2.1. As much as they should work for the most part, some things will probably fail. My advice is that you convert to 2.0 and then use the upgrade 2.0 --> 2.1
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

fen_o_men

Quote from: margarett on May 21, 2015, 04:40:37 AM
Hi

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146192.0

That error means that the MySQL user which SMF uses to connect to the database is not allowed to access phpBB's database. You need to fix this in your host control panel or ask them to fix this for you ;)

Anyway, the converters are not (yet) ready for 2.1. As much as they should work for the most part, some things will probably fail. My advice is that you convert to 2.0 and then use the upgrade 2.0 --> 2.1
Thanks for your answer... I se it is difficult. Finally i think i stay in phpBB :)

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: