News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help, I'm locked out of my SMF account!

Started by SethStudent, May 21, 2015, 12:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SethStudent

Once again I'm not sure where to post, so feel free to move this...

I've had an SMF account for 8 years. Very recently I've not been getting email notices of replies so just a little while ago I changed my email address to one that I know is reliable. I clicked save and saw the notice that I'd be receiving an email to verify the new address. It didn't come. I requested the email twice more, and never received them. They are not in a junk folder.

So I created a new account (no problem receiving that verification email) and logged in. I searched for my nickname (debiwebi) in members and got "Sorry, no matches were found."  What?

With this new account I found my way back to the topic I needed, but I really want to get back into my regular account.

How do I contact an Admin to get me back in?

Illori

are you talking about an account on this forum?

Looking

How do I contact an Admin to get me back in?
Emails that you receive should have a return Email address? If not other contact info is available do a WHOIS on the domain to get the info.

SethStudent

Quote from: Illori on May 21, 2015, 12:05:34 PM
are you talking about an account on this forum?

Yes, on SMF. This is my account, the one I can't get back into because I can't verify my email address change.

Illori

no idea why the member search did not find the account but google did http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=90588

maybe an admin can help you get the password reset.

SethStudent

Quote from: Illori on May 21, 2015, 12:17:26 PM
no idea why the member search did not find the account but google did http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=90588

maybe an admin can help you get the password reset.

Yes, that's me. How do I contact an admin? They all say no PMs... Is there an Admin list here somewhere?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SethStudent

Quote from: margarett on May 21, 2015, 12:25:45 PM
I'll nudge one of them for you ;)

Thank you margarett, this has been really frustrating.

Kindred

We all say "don't PM us for support requests" this is something else.

Please PM me with the login/account name and the email address you had changed the other account to and I will see what I can do.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SethStudent

Quote from: Kindred on May 21, 2015, 01:07:13 PM
Please PM me with the login/account name and the email address

Kindred, did you get my PM yesterday? I'm not pressuring you, I'm just curious. I'm hoping that if you just manually change my email for me, SMF will let me back in without the email verifications.

SethStudent

Just curious: It's been more than a month since I was locked out of my original (debiwebi) SMF account.

Someone suggested to me that there was an index crash in the SMF database, since I'm also not showing up when using Search For Members in the Memberlist.

Too much work to fix? Should I just kiss that account goodbye? Not a big deal, I realize I'm not a big poster here.  :) I just enjoyed the old identity.

Illori

if your account is not activated it will not show up in the members list.

did you PM kindred as was requested?

Kindred

Ugh.,. Sorry...   Every time I look at this, I am on a mobile device...  And I need to be on a real computer to deal with this is a reasonable way.   I'll try to remember to take a look later tonight.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

* margarett points to Kindred the "MARK UNREAD" button ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

I remembered tonight. :)

Anyway... original account is all set, you had mistyped the email address by one letter.

I'll clean up this (now duplicate) account in a week or so.
Слaва
Украинi

debiwebi

Quote from: Kindred on June 24, 2015, 10:34:11 PM
I remembered tonight. :)

Anyway... original account is all set, you had mistyped the email address by one letter.

I'll clean up this (now duplicate) account in a week or so.

Yay, yay, yay! Thank you Kindred, I'm BACK!

BTW what do you mean by cleaning up my new (now duplicate) account? You don't need to do anything about that, as far as I can tell. I will just stop posting under the second account. Good enough?
Some mornings it just isn't worth
chewing through the leather straps.
~Emo

Unlimited Own Posts Editing Time

Kindred

I mean, when I have time, in a eek or so, I will delete the new/duplicate account and merge the posts to your debiwebi account :)
Слaва
Украинi

Deaks

see Kindred also mistypes a letter or so .. he will delete the new account in an eek, so all we have to do is scare him till he goes "eek"
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kindred

lol.... I certainly do mistype... but this time, actually, the keyboard I was typing on has a sticky W key that only works if I remember to "pound" it. :)
Слaва
Украинi

☠ DeadMan ☠

Quote from: Kindred on June 25, 2015, 08:25:09 AM
but this time, actually, the keyboard I was typing on has a sticky W key that only works if I remember to "pound" it. :)

Excuses, excuses, excuses.... LOL :)

Joking aside, I'm having same issue with the left CTRL and left SHIFT keys on mine.

Advertisement: