News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

metallica48423 has passed away

Started by LiroyvH, May 23, 2015, 03:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiroyvH

Hello everyone,

Last night we got the tragic news that one of our former SMF teamies: metallica48423, better known as Justin to friends, has unexpectedly passed away at the unreasonably young age of 29.

Justin has helped literally thousands of SMF users with their problems during his time here.
Anyone who has had the pleasure of receiving his help will know and remember how kind of a person he was, and for that very reason it is also why many people from the SMF Team and the SMF Friends consider him a true friend. I'm sure this will also be the case for many community members, and people that remember him from other websites he frequented. Great guy.

Needless to say, this is a really big loss which has saddened all of us.
Speaking on behalf of the organization, the SMF team, the SMF friends, and I'm sure on behalf of many community members as well; we would like to extend our sincerest condolences to his family and friends, and keep them in our thoughts during this difficult time.
Justin will always be remembered here for everything he has done, and the appreciation for his work will linger on forever.

Thank you Justin, and may you rest in peace!
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

karlbenson

CountryLady

So sorry to hear this. metallica48423 was a terrific help to many here on SMF's Support Boards. He will be remembered for his generosity and kindness to others. Truly a Great Guy. Sincere condolences to his family & friends.

Deaks

while he and I no longer spoke he was a great guy and it was a pleasure to meet him at the MoTM!

He will be missed!
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Empire KickAss

What happen then? some kind of an cancer or tragic accident. Damn so young, He's is so young and died without an great life ahead of him
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Steve

I didn't know him but I would like to extend my condolences to his family and his friends, both in real life and here. It's incredibly sad when someone dies at such a young age. May he rest in peace.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Alpay

Colin

Condolences to his family and close friends.

RIP and blue skies.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Burke ♞ Knight

Justin was always one to help others.
I am deeply saddened by this news.
His family and friends, are in my prayers.

shadow82x

This is very sad news indeed. :( While I haven't spoken to him in a few years, the interactions I've had with him earlier were always positive. He was truly a great guy and seeing something like this is quite tragic.

R.I.P Justin
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Bigguy

Rest In Peace my friend. You will be missed.

Herman's Mixen

Rest in peace  :(

You will be remembered
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Pause

I don't think we really interacted much, but he seemed like a good guy and it's sad to hear about this.

RIP. :(
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

Robert.

I didn't know him personally either, but I also agree with the fact that he was a great guy. He will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace. :(

Livaco

RIP Justin, have a good time in heaven

Sabre™

Oh WOW!! :-X
You meet many people online over the years, and this guy was one of the Genuine good people that you don't forget.
Never did I witness Anything unpleasant from this guy...
Such sad news...

O:) May you find eternal peace my friend O:)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Daniel D.

I feel so ashamed, that I read this after so many years. Nothing more I can currently say/write/think of. Just...  :'(

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

He really was one of the good guys...
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: