News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

User informations to make "service" effectiver

Started by sangham.net, May 31, 2015, 01:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sangham.net

X was just pondering and refelcting how hard it must be, to give certain members the best hints in there personal case so X he had suddenly an idea that  X wants to introduce.

(forced) User settings by registration and displayed on Avatas:

SMF: new/newbe/knower/profi
SMF-usage: user/semi admin/admin
Server Admin: yes/no
Html knowledge: nothing/basics/small programmings/programmer
Css knowledge: nothing/basics/small programmings/programmer
php: ...

I guess  X remembers right, that W3C-school has such in regard of languages. That help not only the mods to put the right effort into a certain case, without studying each and every member here but also it of cause easier for the user, since he would not need to write "I am that and that", "I can do that and that"... all the time, which does not causes such as an not good belittling of one self or even such childish pulling, who might be the better but leads to straight and maybe better quality of technical issues on topic.

Just X, like always, well meant hints. May they are useful for those in charge and the "benefiter" of actions.

You could even classify "newbe"-supporter, those who have much patient and "fighter", those who give professionals good challanges by  ::) :o ;) or something else. Both is good in the specific case.  [only for mental not traumatized mods:  ;) , not for you and him ] *smiling benignly (neither on the greed nor on the aversion side)*

[it seems that this could be a bug, see attached, maybe usefull. It has maybe to to if one writes [/i]] *
but not sure...and maybe worthy a different/new Topic]

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

sangham.net

Nice T-Shirt, zilladotexe

[_[zilladotexe] _] *

Quote from: !Some of the links in your post were not found or match more than one topic or member.
Please use the id instead.

Member #273826: "zilladotexe"
    Topic #535743: "Zilladotexe"
cool stuff, or bug?

Steve

I'm so tempted to use the ignore list for the first time ever (20+ years) ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

sangham.net

May Atma know why, Mr Steve? Someting wrong or questions to the meanings in the OP?

Steve

Mainly because I don't understand 99% of what you say because of the way you say it. While it is certainly your right to speak/write the way you do and not my place to criticize, it is my right and place not to have to read it.

And the constant use of speaking in the third person is driving me crazy. Again, that's your right, but also my right not to have to read it.

I'm not trying to be insulting. Just answering your question honestly which I think you'd want me to do.

Illori

if you put double brackets around certain words a mod this forum has installed will try to match that to certain other things, if a match was not found or more then 1 was found you will get that error.

sangham.net

Quote from: Illori on May 31, 2015, 07:57:38 AM
if you put double brackets around certain words a mod this forum has installed will try to match that to certain other things, if a match was not found or more then 1 was found you will get that error.
Thanks Mrs Illori, for the info. Great stuff! Even to search things like sangham.net* for example.

sangham.net

Quote from: Steve on May 31, 2015, 07:51:25 AM
Mainly because I don't understand 99% of what you say because of the way you say it. While it is certainly your right to speak/write the way you do and not my place to criticize, it is my right and place not to have to read it.
As you are free to make critic and my problem to think about it or not, change it or not. Critic is good Mr. Steve, if with good intention. How ever, that is not the point here. The point is, if it would be good for "supporter" to have some infos about the "costumer". In German one might say to "do not shot with crackerjacks on sparrow" or to do not feed professionals with "child-stiff" and to get not tempered out of preconceptions about others if different. 

QuoteAnd the constant use of speaking in the third person is driving me crazy. Again, that's your right, but also my right not to have to read it.
Well Atma sees that it makes people "crazy" but first there is a challenge behind it, a good challenge "Why do I feel mad at this" (Because I need to be more heedful while reading?) and second it much more polite even if nearly forgotten today. Is a concentration training as well, Mr Steve and yes, Atma would not change to "lower ways" just because it is common. Would you?

QuoteI'm not trying to be insulting. Just answering your question honestly which I think you'd want me to do.
If Mrs Steve answers the OP Question, yes. Atma (me) is not sure if Mr. Steve did, did he? And don't worry, if Atma would feel insulted on what is not meant as such, it would be Atmas problem. Atma does also not easy take it personally if somebody gets angry and will not easy be vengeful. So really no problem in regard of critic although the OP-Subject could easy get lost...  :)

Kindred

1- your babble just gets more and more babblish.
2- You apparently have not learned a damned thing from your time here previously, your time off or the regular comments that people have mentioned to you since your return.
3- no. just no.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sangham.net

Good. Of course people like to have others as they like and Atma understands Mr. Kindreds "problems" but what about the OP? Don't Mr. Kindred think that this could limit his "Problems"?

Atma no technician and no programmer, Mr Kindred is.
Mr Kindred focus normally not so much on conduct, Atma does.

So why do Mr Kindred try to explain Atma something that it is not his "profession" and how should Atma learn that which why is here? Strange thing isn't it? Even trough one could learn the profession of the other.

As for Atma, he took and take Mr Kindred as a honorable "teacher" in regard of his profession and thats quite enough. Good or? To stay simply on ones own task and other can take what every they find useful and adopt it or not.

Programmer language would sound fast like "babble" for somebody who is not much into that matter, have you ever wrote that Atma has called it babble? Have you ever wrote that Atma tries to belittle or insult Mr Kindred in a sphere of his profession?

Douglas

Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

JBlaze

I watched that for much longer than I should have......
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

sangham.net

Can anybody count the on-topics here? Maybe we make a "Samana Johann" topic, and move the off-topic?

Is all that valued supporter can give in "Site Comments, Issues and Concerns" and well meant suggestions a beat instead of giving it a thought? Great. Oh... sirs and ladies...

Steve

LiroyvH

Quote from: Douglas on May 31, 2015, 10:45:30 AM

Lol. That one made me laugh much harder than I should, and I have no idea why.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Kindred

I read your post and spent far too long actually trying to figure out what you were on about, because your use of Really poor English and babble makes it nearly impossible to understand you...  We KNOW Thatbyou can write in better English than you are using.

So,master having read your post, my initial statement still stands.  No. Just no.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Douglas

Quote from: zilladotexeI watched that for much longer than I should have......
Quote from: CoreISPLol. That one made me laugh much harder than I should, and I have no idea why.
It truly is hypnotic... but the 3D effects within the animation is amazingly creepy. Whomever did that graphic is incredibly talented. :)

That being said... WAT WAT WAT?! :D

To the OP: Please, stop using Babelfish or Google Translate. And stop pretending to not be Johann. We all know you're him, and we all know you have better Engrish skills than what you're pretending to have.

AKA, insanity the stop!
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Advertisement: