News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

offline bug?

Started by Livaco, May 31, 2015, 05:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livaco

I just relised that when im online it says im offline and doesent show me online,
anay help??

Illori

check your profile to see if you set yourself invisible. profile -> account settings Show others my online status remember to put in your current password then click change profile.

Livaco

Thx, i now remember putting myself invisable

Austin Scott

Hi Livaco,
Is there any benefit to being offline?
hxxp:www.thefas-solutions.com [nonactive]
URL: hxxp:www.thefas-solutions.com [nonactive]
Email: [email protected]

Livaco

Quote from: Austin Scott on July 23, 2015, 06:54:37 AM
Hi Livaco,
Is there any benefit to being offline?
Kindof, the online section when your offline will be '6 Guests (1 Hidden)' and the hidden user is you but your displayed as offline when your posting and people view your profile.

Douglas

Quote from: Livaco
Quote from: Austin ScottHi Livaco, Is there any benefit to being offline?
Kindof, the online section when your offline will be '6 Guests (1 Hidden)' and the hidden user is you but your displayed as offline when your posting and people view your profile.
Not sure if this was ever addressed, but "Last Active:" will always show the last time of your post, so it'll be really easy to see if someone's recently online or not (look at my profile. I'm actually marked as being offline).

This might need to be addressed by the Devs for 2.1.

* If a user's status is marked as "Hidden" or "Offline", hide the data for "Last Active".
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Illori

Quote from: Douglas on July 23, 2015, 07:35:09 AM
This might need to be addressed by the Devs for 2.1.

* If a user's status is marked as "Hidden" or "Offline", hide the data for "Last Active".

it has been, and i think the behavior in 2.1 has been in review due to a slight issue.

live627

Yes, now only admins can see the date if the user is hidden.

Douglas

^^ EXCELLENT news. Glad that was fixed. I meant to get that added as a bug several years back... just kept forgetting about it, haha!
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Advertisement: