News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Google Keyboard Emojis?

Started by kimberly_bark, June 04, 2015, 09:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimberly_bark

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, couldn't find an appropriate place to post this.

Have the Google Keyboard Emojis been ported to smf as a package?

I would really like these on my site, but was unable to find them via the search function.

Is there any way to make .zip them myself as a package?

Perhaps run them through Photoshop to add transparency then cut each one individually and them upload?

Is it as simple as that, or must I run them through another program so SMF can read them?

Would like a comprehensive guide if available, for beginners, as many have various recommendations which seem more difficult / like messing with code/css/php/ftp etc.

Have found various workarounds to a variety of features so I don't have to mess with any of that.

Edit:

FTP is ok, I know how to use that somewhat. I did do all the upload work to make my site after-all.

margarett

Not that I know of. Someone would have to build a smileys pack. Although I'm not sure if these images aren't copyrighted and, as such, cannot be redistributed...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

kimberly_bark

Found workaround, please don't call me a monster for doing so... since, I had to butcher anothers work (paste on top of) to test my theory.

On the subject of legality I highly doubt Google will care or even find my site as it's private.

Although, it does makes me wonder how ItsVoid was able to get a license on the Twitter emojis.

It's simple, it works. In a variety of sizes and rotations.

They are meant for personal use on my site and will not be redistributed.
Unless, I am given permission to post the pack I will not be making it public.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/14oba0.jpg

QuoteSomeone would have to build a smileys pack.
Yeah, my question was technically that. How are they made, any tutorials?
It would appear to be a mixture of html/php+winrar which seems like simple code.

This site is unorganized and a bit cluttered or maybe it's just me, but I could not find a single tutorial on rando. or fun subjects.

ameo

ItsVoid could do that because twitter emoji are open sourced.

And what forbids you to download his, or any pack, and just peek under the hood, and look how he did it?
then replace smiley images with your own. it's that simple.
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

kimberly_bark

Are there GUI's (or noob-friendly tutorial) out there or would I need to follow this? XML : http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=299669.0

I found one called Smiles XMLizer, but I assume it would not work with SMF

There's also a GUI I found, which can add/change code inside smileys like so, but again I doubt it is compatible with SMF because of the files it generates.

:) =  :)

Kindred

look at how other smiley packs have made their packages....

and no, whatever you have for soe other system will not work on SMF.

Finally, however, if you are trying to make a smiley pack to be released, you absolutely MUST be using content which allows redistribution.  Since we have already noted that Google's emojis do not...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: