I want to insert a scrolling banner ad at the top of my forum

Started by EmsoffLambs, June 19, 2015, 07:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmsoffLambs

I would like to add a scrolling banner ad to the top of my forum. I want each ad to link to a different site. I have one set up on another site in a frame so I can edit it easily. Is there a way to simply insert banner ads in to a forum? Or to insert a frame to put the banner ad?

I am not real strong at coding, but kind of know the basics. So copy/paste code would be great! ;)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Herman's Mixen

do not use ifrane stuff anyway smf will deny it on some points...

just code your stuff you need.. ;)

and i am not someone who say use this mod or that mod.. beter do code experiance and fill your gaps there ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Kindred

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on June 19, 2015, 10:16:55 PM
do not use ifrane stuff anyway smf will deny it on some points...

just code your stuff you need.. ;)

You should NOT code advertisements directly into your forum.
1- Most people who are asking won't do it right because they don't have the knowledge/skillset, and it is unnecessary
2- the ad manager or portal mods are already nicely coded, do exactly what has been asked and use a clean admin interface to add/change ads and ad locations.

Also, your comment in iframes is incorrect, AFAIK...
SMF will prevent ITSELF from be loaded in an iframe - it does not prevent iframes from loading on SMF served pages
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Herman's Mixen

actually the mods you refering too... are security isssues on smf code

and they are NOT nicely coded... they just have the RUFF parts...

zo skill up your skills !!
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

EmsoffLambs

Thanks. I will look into the mods. As I said, my code skills are pretty slim.

Advertisement: