Registration can't be Activated because email not sent to hotmail (only)

Started by aegersz, June 22, 2015, 05:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

does hotmail hate my drugs site ? but nobody else does.

what's up ? or is it an SMF bug ?

... but squirrelmail CAN send to hotmail, no problem.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

hotmail sucks...  plain and simple.

Possibly your site has somehow landed on their blacklist.... (if it's about drugs, legal or otherwise, then that probably explains it)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

i thought so too but i can send email from the site's squirrelmail so blacklist not 100% likley ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

i get mostly this type of error in Webmin : host mx2.comcast.net[68.87.20.5] refused to talk to me: 554 resimta-ch2-01v.sys.comcast.net comcast 128.199.200.202 Comcast requires that all mail servers must have a PTR record with a valid Reverse DNS entry. Currently your mail server does not fill that requirement.

which means my Reverse DNS has not been configured so let me have a look ... i am waiting on mail. ".net" sites must need it.

this should fix others. the hotmail issue was a Safe senders and Blocking list update.

now this is resolved, i'm sure of it. just need to build a PTR record for the Reverse DNS.

aegersz

Advertisement: