Making a board a category

Started by TMR Guy, June 28, 2015, 09:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMR Guy

I was on a forum that used V-Bulletin and they (V-Bulletin) have a way you can make a board a category, does SMF have a way of doing that?

Niko_Bellic

I read that this could be done, making the boards sub-boards of one that would be the "category" and making the parent board read only and have no posts in it.
That was one reason I liked the idea of SMF. I plan on doing this for member content on my forum.

Steve

That doesn't really make the board a category though. And I don't see any way of doing it. You'd still have to create a category, then a closed parent board, then it's subboards. This mod comes closest but it's out-of-date and most likely won't work on your version. Emulation may work but I'd be surprised:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1834
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

that just makes each category into its own page....   emanuele's category-tabs mod does something similar...

in short -- no...   what you are asking for is not a part of SMF's core design concept and would take some fairly hefty modification to allow a category within a board.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: