Slow site and Unable to connect to database

Started by Tonyvic, July 21, 2015, 10:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyvic

My host added Nginx+Varnish to our shared server 4 weeks ago, this caused a number of problems, the worst was getting 502 & 503 errors a number of times daily. After finally admitting they were having problems configuring it correctly they offered to migrate my domain to another server. I accepted the offer but since migration things have deteriorated, the site is very slow eg. after clicking on 'Login' it takes between 10 & 20 seconds to open the site. (Previous server took 2 to 5 seconds). All other actions are much slower as well, but accessing and working in the 'Admin Center' is a nightmare. When I try to uninstall a modification from the 'Package Manager' selecting 'Uninstall now' the page does nothing for 60 to 90 seconds then I get a message:
QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I am running SMF 2.0.10
The current server has PHP 5.5.21 and MySQL 5.6.23 on old server they were earlier versions, iirc PHP was at 5.4.?

Attached is current Resource usage Overview, I never had this level of usage before!

Has anyone got any ideas if it's the later versions or a host settings issue?

margarett

Who is your host?

Anyway, answer to you is: change hosts.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Tonyvic

Thanks for that bad news Margarette, I had a feeling that would be the answer. :P ;) :)

Advertisement: