News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Slow site and Unable to connect to database

Started by Tonyvic, July 21, 2015, 10:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyvic

My host added Nginx+Varnish to our shared server 4 weeks ago, this caused a number of problems, the worst was getting 502 & 503 errors a number of times daily. After finally admitting they were having problems configuring it correctly they offered to migrate my domain to another server. I accepted the offer but since migration things have deteriorated, the site is very slow eg. after clicking on 'Login' it takes between 10 & 20 seconds to open the site. (Previous server took 2 to 5 seconds). All other actions are much slower as well, but accessing and working in the 'Admin Center' is a nightmare. When I try to uninstall a modification from the 'Package Manager' selecting 'Uninstall now' the page does nothing for 60 to 90 seconds then I get a message:
QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I am running SMF 2.0.10
The current server has PHP 5.5.21 and MySQL 5.6.23 on old server they were earlier versions, iirc PHP was at 5.4.?

Attached is current Resource usage Overview, I never had this level of usage before!

Has anyone got any ideas if it's the later versions or a host settings issue?

margarett

Who is your host?

Anyway, answer to you is: change hosts.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Tonyvic

Thanks for that bad news Margarette, I had a feeling that would be the answer. :P ;) :)

Advertisement: