Troubles when upgrading from 1.1.21 to 2.0.10

Started by rebus, July 23, 2015, 03:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Before you start the upgrade process you need to upload the 1.1.x files and run repair_settings.

Only then you can start the upgrade.

What this means is: your "old" forum needs to be fully functional before you start the upgrade process. This is because the upgrade is designed to be ran "in place"...

Edit: ninja'd :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rebus

Thanks! I tried, I am getting some errors less, but still these:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/upgrade.php on line 860

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/upgrade.php on line 862

Warning: Missing argument 2 for allowedTo(), called in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595 and defined in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/upgrade.php on line 654

Notice: Undefined index: file in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 596

Notice: Undefined index: line in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 596

Warning: Missing argument 2 for allowedTo(), called in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 601 and defined in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/upgrade.php on line 654

Warning: Missing argument 2 for allowedTo(), called in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 604 and defined in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/upgrade.php on line 654

rebus

I noticed this: when I run repair_settings.php and click "Save changes", I got a page which asks to review and confirm the changes, but at the end of this page I get this:

Notice: Undefined index: database_error in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 594

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595

margarett

There is no file Subs-Db-mysql.php in 1.1.x
Please make sure that you remove all 2.0.x files (except attachments and all other relevant content), then load clean 1.1.21 files, then load and run repair_settings.

After 1.1.x is running "fine and dandy", just remove everything (except Settings.php and Settings_bak.php, attachments, etc) and load the 2.0.x large upgrade again. Then it should work ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rebus

OK I got one step forward. Running repair_settings got a couple of errors (two missing offsets), but I tried anyway and it sort of worked, that is I can now run the upgrade without getting errors.
BUT it still keeps me asking for FTP and admin login, and I can not move on.
Thanks for your precious help!

margarett

That means that required files cannot be written (namely Settings.php/Settings_bak.php and attachments folder) so you need to give those proper permissions via FTP.

As for admin login, if you can't use your regular SMF admin account, edit upgrade.php and set $disable_security to 1
// Disable the need for admins to login?
$disable_security = 0;

rebus

Now I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$upgradeData' (T_VARIABLE) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/Settings.php on line 63

That line in Settings.php is:

$upgradeData = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";

marg edit, content removed, it contains sensitive information

margarett

That is in fact odd... That line is added by SMF yes, but it's not supposed to produce a parse error :o

Can you please remove that line and start again?

rebus

Yes I tried, but I get the same thing all the times

May be due to incompatibility with PHP 5.5?

margarett

No, the 2.0 upgrade is compatible with PHP 5.5.

Can you please post your Settings.php? (don't forget to remove sensitive information ;) )

rebus

Yes thanks, here it is:

<?php
/******************************************************************************
* Settings.php                                                                *
* SMF: Simple Machines Forum                                                  *
* Open-Source Project Inspired by Zef Hemel ([email protected])                *
* =========================================================================== *
* Software Version:           SMF 1.1.4                                     *
* Software by:                Simple Machines (http://www.simplemachines.org) *
* Copyright 2001-2006 by:     Lewis Media (http://www.lewismedia.com)         *
* Support, News, Updates at:  http://www.simplemachines.org                   *
* This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it     *
* under the terms of the provided license as published by Lewis Media.        *
* This program is distributed in the hope that it is and will be useful,      *
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES; without even any implied warranty of            *
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.                        *
* See the "license.txt" file for details of the Simple Machines license.      *
* The latest version can always be found at http://www.simplemachines.org.    *
******************************************************************************/

########## Maintenance ##########
# Note: If $maintenance is set to 2, the forum will be unusable!  Change it to 0 to fix it.
$maintenance '0'; # Set to 1 to enable Maintenance Mode, 2 to make the forum untouchable. (you'll have to make it 0 again manually!)
$mtitle 'Lavori in corso...'; # Title for the Maintenance Mode message.
$mmessage 'Ancora un po\' di pazienza, e funzioner‡ tutto come prima. Torna a trovarci presto!'; # Description of why the forum is in maintenance mode.

########## Forum Info ##########
$mbname '####'; # The name of your forum.
$language 'english'; # The default language file set for the forum.
$boardurl 'http://localhost/forum'; # URL to your forum's folder. (without the trailing /!)
$webmaster_email '####'; # Email address to send emails from. (like [email protected].)
$cookiename 'DMBCookieSMF'; # Name of the cookie to set for authentication.

########## Database Info ##########
$db_server 'localhost';
$db_name '####_forum';
$db_user 'root';
$db_passwd '';
$db_prefix 'smf_';
$db_persist '0';
$db_error_send 1;

########## Directories/Files ##########
# Note: These directories do not have to be changed unless you move things.
$boarddir '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum'; # The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)
$sourcedir '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/forum/Sources'; # Path to the Sources directory.

########## Error-Catching ##########
# Note: You shouldn't touch these settings.
$db_last_error 1434633289;

# Make sure the paths are correct... at least try to fix them.
if (!file_exists($boarddir) && file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/agreement.txt'))
$boarddir dirname(__FILE__);
if (!
file_exists($sourcedir) && file_exists($boarddir '/Sources'))
$sourcedir $boarddir '/Sources';

$boardurl 'http://localhost/forum';
@
ini_set('session.cookie_domain''.####.it')
$upgradeData "####";
?>

Illori

remove @ini_set('session.cookie_domain', '.####.it')
from your file, it does not need to be there and since it does not end with ; is breaking anything that gets added below that.

also for security you really should not be using the root user for your database user.

Kindred

also, why are you RE-setting board url at the bottom?   it is already set in the main section.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rebus

Quote from: Illori on August 06, 2015, 08:34:41 AM
remove @ini_set('session.cookie_domain', '.####.it')
from your file, it does not need to be there and since it does not end with ; is breaking anything that gets added below that.

also for security you really should not be using the root user for your database user.

I will try that! Thank you so much.

I used the root user only in the local installation and because it's the default XAMPP setting, not in production environment.

About the double boardurl, I really don't know why it's there. I don't remember having done it. I will remove it if is not needed

Advertisement: