News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Blocking certain codes

Started by Jeremy M., August 27, 2015, 07:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy M.

If i want to block a certain code on a page, but not delete it entirely (in case i change my mind), would I use

For example:

<!-----------------------------
<div id="extras">
<h3>More info:</h3>
<p>This is the third column, which can be used in many different ways. For example, it can be used for comments, site news, external links, ads or for more navigation links. It is all up to you!</p>
</div>
<-----------------------------!>

Kindred

block it from where?   
is that just a basic html page or is that inside an SMF template file?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Kindred on August 27, 2015, 08:24:44 AM
block it from where?   
is that just a basic html page or is that inside an SMF template file?

basic html page

JBlaze

Not sure if you're asking a question here, but yes what you posted above will "block out" html from being rendered on a page. It's called "commenting out", which means that the code itself will still be displayed in the source, but the browser will not render it.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't need the ! in the closing tag, though it works either way.  You can just do this -

<!--div id="extras">
<h3>More info:</h3>
<p>This is the third column, which can be used in many different ways. For example, it can be used for comments, site news, external links, ads or for more navigation links. It is all up to you!</p>
</div-->

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: