Upgrade Error - Been at it for a week now...

Started by Novice, September 12, 2015, 05:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novice

Our site is running ver1.1.21 and is doing fine. We want to upgrade to ver2.0.10 without killing the site were are on. Everyone tells me to install a 2.0.x version, drop all the server tables, upload the 1.1.21 server backup tables, upload all of the files and folders for the upgrade utility and then run the upgrade utility. This is what I see when all of this has been done.

This is line #3476
<h1 class="forumtitle">', $txt['upgrade_upgrade_utility'], '</h1>

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_upgrade_utility in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3476

Simple Machines Forum

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_progress in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3488

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3493
1: Login

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3493
2: Upgrade Options

3: Backup

4: Database Changes

5: Delete Upgrade

0%

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_overall_progress in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3502

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_elapsed in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3527
: 0
Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_mins in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3528
, 0
Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_secs in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3528

I got this message that older language files were detected and I updated all of those that I could find. I've clicked try English and it does nothing but refresh the page. If I click skip, this error message comes up

!!Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_critical_error in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3689

This is line #3689
<strong style="text-decoration: underline;">', $txt['upgrade_critical_error'], '</strong><br />

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_error_script_js in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3691

The upgrader found some old or outdated language files, for the forum default language, english.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.
   [SKIP] [Try English]

Click here to try again.

SMF ©2013, Simple Machines
-------------------------
I really could use some help with this. I feel like I've done everything I was supposed to do, yet I'm getting no closer to completion.

Antechinus

That undefined index is caused by missing languages files (specifically, install.english.php in this case). So, you can't have uploaded all the 2.0.x files. Somehow you've missed some.

Just to be clear: you are uploading everything in the large upgrade pack from this page? http://download.simplemachines.org/

IOW, this file: http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-10_upgrade.zip

So you'd grab that zip, upload it to your forum root directory, and extract there. Or, if your host doesn't allow extracting in place, you'd be extracting all the files on desktop and then uploading them all by ftp.

If everything has been uploaded, you should be able to see the files in your forum root directory. Are they there?

Novice

I see the file your referring to. But, I went ahead and uploaded all of them again and overwritten the existing files.

What is up with this error? Is this related to the language files?
This is line #3476

<h1 class="forumtitle">', $txt['upgrade_upgrade_utility'], '</h1>

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_upgrade_utility in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/upgrade.php on line 3476

Antechinus

Yup. It means the upgrade.php script can't find the install.english.php language file (the $txt string it's looking for is in that language file).

So that language file should be sitting at Themes/default/languages/install.english.php. Is it there?

Illori

Quote from: margarett on September 10, 2015, 11:06:00 AM
We've seen some strange issues with the upgrade tool for 2.0.x and they all relate to odd themes configurations in the 1.1.x version. Usually the default theme folder doesn't exist or the theme with ID = 1 is missing (which is something not supposed to happen...).
Check this post and let us know if it helps: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=538721.msg3828374#msg3828374

maybe that will help you?

Antechinus

This bloke is not a coder. That post is likely to make him go "WTF?" :D

Has anyone suggested repair_settings.php? It may be something simple.

ETA: We've already established that the default folder exists.

Novice

This is the first I've heard of repair_settings.php - Explain please...

Antechinus

It's a script that will reset any broken paths to files and folders. Commonly used when transferring a working forum to a different directory or domain.

I'm just thinking this is sounding like a problem with paths, since it's obvious the languages and css files aren't being picked up even though they're on the server.

Antechinus

Found it. It's at the bottom of this page. http://download.simplemachines.org/?tools

Upload that file to your forum root, then go to ..../repair_settings.php in your browser. See what happens.

Novice

Where or how do I use this? Doesn't sound like it would hurt anything.

Antechinus

Yeah I figure it can't hurt. You just upload the thing to your forum root directory, same as you uploaded the upgrade pack files. Then you just go to example.com/testsite/repair_settings.php and work your way through the options.

Novice

What file has the attachments directory default path so I can edit it?

This is the path:/home/content/11/13951611/html/membersforum2/attachments
It needs to read:/home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/attachments

Also got this error. Are they related?
Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /home/content/11/13951611/html/testsite/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595

Antechinus

Don't worry about attachments for now. You can rest that path in admin later. The fatal error is probably because the path to Sources is (or was) broken.

So what about the rest of the repair settings process? Is it working?

Novice

It just stopped on this screen. Their is no button to continue or to fix. It just all looks informational. Did the error stop this from finishing?

Antechinus

Meh. Yeah probably.

Ok, can you take a look inside Settings.php (it'll be in the forum root directory) and check paths are correct here:

########## Forum Info ##########
$mbname = 'NotChalkCat'; # The name of your forum.
$language = 'english'; # The default language file set for the forum.
$boardurl = 'http://127.0.0.1/ChalkCat_mirror'; # URL to your forum's folder. (without the trailing /!)

And here:

########## Directories/Files ##########
# Note: These directories do not have to be changed unless you move things.
$boarddir = 'K:\\VertrigoServ\\www\\ChalkCat_mirror'; # The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)
$sourcedir = 'K:\\VertrigoServ\\www\\ChalkCat_mirror/Sources'; # Path to the Sources directory.
$cachedir = 'K:\\VertrigoServ\\www\\ChalkCat_mirror/cache'; # Path to the cache directory.

These are just examples from my local server, so substitute your own domain and directory to suit. So it you were at example.com/testsite then Sources should be at http//:www.example.com/testsite/Sources

Illori

Quote from: Antechinus on September 12, 2015, 06:29:23 PM

if the default theme is not found in the database, running repair_settings.php will not help it to appear.

Antechinus

Quote from: Illori on September 12, 2015, 07:37:10 PM
Quote from: Antechinus on September 12, 2015, 06:29:23 PM

if the default theme is not found in the database, running repair_settings.php will not help it to appear.

But if the db backup came from a working site, why would that value suddenly be dropped from the db on import?

Novice

The backup came from a working site and was uploaded into a newer version of a working site.

Antechinus

Ok so we try margarett's idea from the thread Illori linked to.

I've already made the suggested edit to a copy of upgrade.php. If you upload this file (ie: overwrite the existing copy) and try the upgrade script again, it may do the trick.

Advertisement: