Help: Keep getting 500 Internet Server Error when upgrading to 1.1.21

Started by mudworm, September 21, 2015, 12:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudworm

My SMF was on 1.1.20. After the hosting service upgraded php recently, today, the site become unusable with errors like "8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead" in the browser. So, I decided to upgrade.

Downloaded smf_1-1-21_upgrade.zip, unzipped in to place and run in the browser <site>/upgrade.php  . And clicked on the continue button. Tried it a few times, and each time end up this on the screen:

QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please help! Thank you.

margarett

You will want the large upgrade to 2.0.11, not 1.1.21 ;)

edit: if you still get the same error, you need to check with your host so that they can check the server logs for the cause of the error...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

upgrading to 1.1.* will not fix that error message. it is fixed in 2.0 only.

Advertisement: