News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Editor BBcode Does not work under Microsoft Edge

Started by Erdal1, September 28, 2015, 07:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erdal1

SMF Editor BBcode Does not work under Windows 10   , Microsoft Edge...!! IE
Bizim Dünyamiz - ELEKTRONIK SIGARA HAKKINDA BÜTÜN BILGILI KONULAR

Illori

it is a known issue the team is working on a solution.

Erdal1

Bizim Dünyamiz - ELEKTRONIK SIGARA HAKKINDA BÜTÜN BILGILI KONULAR

Oldiesmann

Note that this should fix the main issue, but even with this fix the editor hasn't been fully tested in Edge so there might be other problems that we're not aware of at the moment...

Themes/default/scripts/editor.js

Find
oMyStyle.styleSheet.cssText = document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'] ? document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'].cssText : document.styleSheets['editor_css'].cssText;

Replace
if (oMyStyle.styleSheet)
oMyStyle.styleSheet.cssText = document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'] ? document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'].cssText : document.styleSheets['editor_css'].cssText;
else
oMyStyle.sheet.cssText = document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'] ? document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'].cssText : document.styleSheets['editor_css'].cssText;
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

IamTheBoy

Quote from: Oldiesmann on September 28, 2015, 11:27:16 AM
Themes/default/scripts/script.js
On my 2.0 forum, it was editor.js that needed the change above, not script.js :)

Thanks

Oldiesmann

Whoops. Not sure how I got that mixed up, but at least you were able to figure it out :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

BeatsMe

Made the change listed above.... but, the BBC buttons still didn't work my forum ???

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

BeatsMe

Just added the script change to editor.js again, and then cleared the cache..... still not working for me ???

PS... I cleared the cache by going to "Forum Maintenance".... is that correct ??? or is there another way ???

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BeatsMe

Thanks.... after posting here about clearing the cache, I realised that it might be Edge that needs to be cleared.... anyway, did that and yep it works now.

Advertisement: