Duplicate entry '11556' for key 'PRIMARY'

Started by Fat Rat, October 06, 2015, 04:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Rat

Morning all,

I am attempting to convert a phpBB3 (v3.01) to SMF 2.0. I am seeing errors like 'Duplicate entry '11556' for key 'PRIMARY'.

I have run the converter three times and each time I get a duplicate error (a different number each time). I have searched within phpmyadmin and there doesn't appear to be duplicates.

1. What am I doing wrong?
2. Will running the converter more than once cause issues?

Thanks.

margarett

Hi

It happens sometimes, yes.

In which part of the conversion does that error happen? The easiest way is just to instruct the converter to ignore duplicates.
In the beginning of the section which triggers the error you can add: $ignore = true;
Eg:
---* {$to_prefix}members
---{
$ignore = true;
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fat Rat

Margarett,

Thank you, that seems to have worked. I do now have other issues (I'm not sure if I should have posted a new thread). I have thousands of posts which contain [img][/img] tags, they look identical to the tags SMF inserts but the images will not display. Is there a way of fixing this without manually editing all posts?

Also I have many entries using [youtube][/youtube] is there a way of removing the tags but leaving the links?

Thanks for your support.

margarett

Hi

I'm currently in the process of converting a reasonably large phpBB forum too. It's been quite a task I must say...
The coding used in phpBB is weird, especially the bbcodes :o
I did some changes to the regex used in signatures and messages body and it improved something. I also removed the conversion of phpBB membergroups and smileys.

You need to see, in the database, how exactly are the messages being converted (eg: original post vs converted post)

It's a royal PITA, I must admit. Which version are you using in phpBB and which converter are you using?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

That's exactly what I'm converting too. If you can give me some examples of what you have wrong (as I said, the complete comparison from the databases) I can see if that's one of my fixes ;)

Fat Rat

Margarett,

I resolved the IMG problem by uploading and running a file found on this very site (econvert.php)

Advertisement: