News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Email Activation Not Sending

Started by Jamora1124, October 26, 2015, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamora1124

So, I just had someone register for my forum in-order for them to tell me that they did not get an activation email for their account. I had to manually activate their account. I tested this problem and saw for myself that my forum is not sending email activation. I have no idea what the problem may be but I was wondering if someone could elaborate.

I do have my Member Registration set to Email Activation, I'm just trying to figure out exactly why they are not able to activate their accounts. For now, it's set up to Immediate Registration but that could be a big problem considering Bots can clearly register for my forum with ease. I don't want to risk contamination with my forum-game so is there anything anyone can do to help out?

Jamora1124

I was well aware of both of these topics but, neither one of them were useful. I'm checking to see if my server has been blacklisted. Honestly, don't know what the problem is, I will give it another test.

Jade Elizabeth

Make sure it's not stuck in the mail queue, and that the mail server info is set correctly. Sometimes it needs a little tweaking to get it to play nicely :). Let us know how it goes and if you fix the issue please tell us the solution so other people can find an answer if they have the same problem :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: