Archive Topics

Started by Aunt Sally, October 29, 2015, 06:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aunt Sally

I've searched through the wiki and through my Admin. Centre to see if there is a way to automaticly move topics to an archive board (or boards) when they have not been posted to for a period of time.

I can see how to remove them but I would rather archive them so that they are available to admin and moderators if needed in the future.

Steve

I don't know if this is automated or not but in a quick search:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=503

Edit: after reading through the support thread for that mod I find it is not automated and I couldn't find a mod that is.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Aunt Sally

Many thanks for moving this topic here, Kindred.

I think you've answered my question, Steve, in that it can't be done without a new mod.

It's not important enough to me to request that so I'll close the topic.

Many thanks again  :D

margarett

Do note that it should be more or less easy to add this as a scheduled task (which runs, eg, daily)

The admin interface of the MOD basically gathers data for a function to run the real action. So if you create a scheduled task which calls (or mimics) that action and feed it the data that would otherwise be supplied from the admin interface, it should work the same ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: