News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Send welcome email to new members Not saved

Started by realvision, November 24, 2015, 06:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realvision

Hello,

I have a 200 russians spammers who register in my forum everyday.

Thanks to the 2 mods I have installed to stop spammers, they are stopped at 99%

But, even if I disabled  Send welcome email to new members   spammers are still receiving the welcome email

I know it, because I sometimes get an automatic answer

I have been contacted by my internet hosting that the forum is sending spam, and this welcome email sent to 200 (stollen?) emails everyday is probably the problem

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

realvision

I already installed Stop Spammer and httpBL and the spammer can't post anymore.

My question is why they still receive the Welcome email when they try to register, even if I have unchecked the  Send welcome email to new members  option

Please read well  :P

Kindred

if they ACTUALLY receive the welcome email, then you obviously have a poorly configured mod which has broken the standard SMF design, since this does not happen on a clean install of the software.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

realvision

mmm... what is the php file that I need to check for that?

Advertisement: