News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Critical Error! The installer was unable to detect any database support in PHP

Started by sheeeeeeets, December 12, 2015, 08:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheeeeeeets

Hey guys!

I am attempting to host a forum on my web server, and am running into a wall I cannot seem to bypass.

Windows Server 2012 R2

Here are the exact steps that I have taken:

Downloaded and configured php on web server
Downloaded smf_2-0-11_install.zip and extracted into root of forums folder
Downloaded and installed vc_redist x86 (this got PHP working, verified it worked by creating phpinfo)
Downloaded and installed mysql-installer-community-5.7.10.0.msi

Went to the install PHP for SMF and got the following error:

!!Critical Error!
The installer was unable to detect any database support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with the desired database, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

I know I am probably missing something, but just can't figure out what.  I am a complete noob at this, so it could very well be a complete rookie mistake.  Let me know how much more info you guys need, and I TRULY appreciate the help :)

LiroyvH

Ew, Windows... Never liked running PHP on that crap.

Anyway,
Reinstall PHP, and during installation make sure to enable mySQL and/or mysqli support. Should be somewhere in extensions/modules or whatever. Could also already be there, but commented out in the php.ini file, check it.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

sheeeeeeets

There wasnt really an install, I just configured Fast-CGI in IIS, renamed an ini to php.ini and installed VC-Redist.

In my phpinfo.php i made, its showing I have msqlnd.  Is that a problem?

sheeeeeeets

Uninstalled everything.  Used XAMPP and it correctly installed PHP.  Repointed to fastcgi in XAMPP folder via IIS handlers and setup mysql again.  Installer worked great for SMF and it created my DB for me!

Everything is FANTASTIC!  Thanks for the tip to reinstall PHP.  Even when you think you do something right 1, 2, 3, 4+ times, sometimes doing it a different way yields different results.

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

xXxbigdogxXx

Hi all, I know this is an old topic however, I am facing the same problem and wouldn't like to repost a problem. My issue has a variable however. I have xampp installed currently and did as another topic suggested by moving the installation to the htdoc folder. I have everything enabled and mostly configured but filezilla and tomcat.

Illori

Advertisement: