How to restore table smf1.smf_log_errors

Started by shargraves, December 20, 2015, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shargraves

Hi folks - need a bit of a hand here to get my forum back!

Long story short; I've got an old SMF installation - and the error log became very large - the account was suspended and in order to get it back online I was told to go into phpmyadmin and drop the smf1.smf_log_errors table from the DB by most hosts.

Then when I went to update the forum - (possibly caused by the updated php on the server) the paths had changed - so I fixed the file settings.php - and all was looking OK - until I got to the updating - and it throws up an this error

"Error!
Table 'nameofsite_smf1.smf_log_errors' doesn't exist"

I went into myphpadmin and looked to create one - but I don't know how to go about it - any quick fixes?

Cheers folks!

Really like the forum btw

margarett

Quote(...)in order to get it back online I was told to go into phpmyadmin and drop the smf1.smf_log_errors(...)
::) ::) ::)
DROP and TRUNCATE are *very very* different operations...
You must have emptied the table, not deleting it. Whoever told you that... ::) ::) ::)

That being said, you need to recreate it. Go again to phpmyadmin, SQL tab, and add the following code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_log_errors` (
`id_error` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `log_time` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `id_member` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `ip` char(16) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `url` text NOT NULL,
  `message` text NOT NULL,
  `session` char(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `error_type` char(15) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'general',
  `file` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `line` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

shargraves

Wow - many thanks!

That looks like it has worked perfectly for me - thanks so much.

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

shargraves

Ah - Got an issue again - the smf_error_log gets HUGE - Gb in size then the account keeps getting suspended! How can I fix it?

margarett

TRUNCATE it.

Then check the error log in SMF to see what's wrong.

Kindred

What Margarett said...  Clear the log and then look at what is occurring, because, if your log is getting that large, you obviously have some serious issues that need to be dealt with -- the core smf installation will not generate that sort of error log (since the only thing that goes in the error log in a default installation would be bad logins and noticed of ban triggers.)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Until you fix the problem, you can disable error logging in Admin -> Security and Moderation, or set log pruning to a few days in Admin -> Logs.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: