News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

double icons in main menu bar

Started by jonesH, December 22, 2015, 12:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesH

I keep tweaking Curve and Responsive styling and at some point I get each menu icon twice on the iPhone in Portrait orientation. Does not happen on the iPad or the desktop, but the screenshot is taken from Chrome's simulation in Dev Tools and it looks just like on the phone.

This has happened to me once before and I somehow got it fixed, but now I can't remember what was wrong and how I repaired it.

Before I start digging again, I just want to ask if maybe anyone else dealt with this before and can point out the solution. Otherwise I will rediscover it myself and post my findings here.

Regards.

Illori

Quote from: jonesH on December 22, 2015, 12:51:40 PM
I keep tweaking Curve and Responsive styling and at some point I get each menu icon twice on the iPhone in Portrait orientation. Does not happen on the iPad or the desktop, but the screenshot is taken from Chrome's simulation in Dev Tools and it looks just like on the phone.

screenshot? link?

jonesH

Sorry, a little bit in a hurry and forgot to upload the sample image...

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

and the link/URL so we can see the issue? otherwise we can guess all day as to what is happening and how to fix it and most likely be wrong.

Illori

you have the span that defines the class showing up 2 times. check your Subs.php file to see if it is there that is making it show 2 times.

responsive_menu <button name> is the class showing up 2 times.

jonesH

OK, I will check as soon as I can get to my PC. I do not recall making changes to Subs.php but I will look nevertheless. Thanks a lot!

Antes

take a look at function main_menu at index.template.php , I suspect you installed the modification twice.

jonesH

The problem was this duplicate line in index.template.php

<span class="responsive_menu ', $act, '"></span>

No clue how it got in there twice (maybe at the time I uninstalled and reinstalled Responsive?), but all good now as soon as I removed it.

Thanks for your help, as always.

Advertisement: