News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Font Size & Line Spacing

Started by azgunner, February 02, 2016, 06:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azgunner

Hi,

I played around in the index.css file in order to change the font sizes through out my forum. I was able to do most of what I wanted to do, but I am hung up on a couple things.

On the main forums index, the description of each sub forum is kind of scrunched up against the sub forums title. I believe this is a line spacing issue. You can see it on the attached "mainindex" image. How can I fix this? Also on the category title (where it says "Website Information" in the image) that seems to be lower than it should. How can I center it in that bar?

I would also like to increase the font size a little bit in each sub forum where it lists the thread titles. An image is attached as "threadlisting".

My final issue is when you look at the actual threads. Attached on the "post" image you can see the "Re : Font" reply is cut off at the top a bit and on the top bar where it says "author - topic Font (read 12 times) I would like that to be centered.

Can someone give me a few pointers please? Maybe point me to the proper lines in the index.css file for the theme I'm using.

I'm using the "Ancient and Rusted" them by Bryan "Runic" Deakin. It can be found at http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2446

SMF version 2.0.11

One last thing, I've tried integrating a top banner on the site without success. What is the proper way to do this? It will have to be done manually because this theme doesn't offer an option in the admin control panel to upload a banner.

Thank you in advance for any help

Antes

try adding or changing the line-height on places you are having problem. "table.table_list p" is your place. About cat name, vertical-align middle. add some top-margin to Re: stuff place.

azgunner

I played with table.table_list p a bit with no success.

As for the other stuff mentioned, I have an idea of what has to be done. I just don't knwo where in the style sheet to find it.

This is the current code
/* Styles for a typical table.
------------------------------------------------------- */
table.table_list
{
width: 100%;
}
table.table_list p
{
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}