CPG 1.4.1 beta + SMF 1.1 RC1 User integration how?

Started by brother7, October 24, 2005, 05:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brother7

This is the last piece of the puzzle for me. I've tried the SMF integration built into CPG without success. Apparently, it only works with SMF 1.0.5. Can someone point me in the right direction of how to integrate CPG 1.4.1 beta + SMF 1.1 RC1 to use the SMF user database? (I have the CVS version of CPG installed.)

Thank you for any response.

kegobeer

Use the Coppermine bridging wizard - works like a champ.  You haven't posted any useful information to troubleshoot the process any further.

Remember: Coppermine Beta is unsupported at the Coppermine forum.  As part of the development team I can't give much more support than this.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

brother7

I did use the Coppermine bridging wizard to bridge with SMF.  I've created a test account.

http://www.808nightlife.com/cms
testuser / testuser

I'm trying to integrate Joomla 1.0.3 + SMF 1.1 RC1 + CPG 1.4.1 beta, all using the the SMF user database.  I started with Joomla + SMF and everything seems to work ok... if I log in/out of Joomla or SMF, it logs me in/out of the other.  Then I tried to add CPG, following the instructions found at http://www.joombla.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=36.0 Section E (CPG integration).  That's where I'm experiencing problems.  I'm always logged out of CPG, no matter if I log into Joomla or SMF.
If I goto the gallery directly at http://www.808nightlife.com/gallery  I can't log in using testuser and I can't login using the administrator account that I created when I first setup CPG.  I hope that's enough info to help troubleshoot my integration problem.

On a related note, since I've banged my head on this for so long, I'm tempted to just use the latest stable versions... Joomla 1.0.3 + SMF 1.0.5 + CPG 1.3.5.  If I decide to go this route, can someone point me to a definitive guide an how to visually integrate this with Joomla, and how to bridge them all such that SMF acts as the primary user database?

Thanks for your help.

ynohtna

I know 1.4.1 is not for smf 1.1rc1 integration just yet but people have done it and I'd really like to go for it but it seems the information is top secret or something.

1.3.5 doesn't integrate with smf1.1rc1 it seems, or at least easily.

I downloaded 1.4.1 from sourceforge but noticed some irregularities already.

The init.inc.php from sourceforge didn't even have any commented lines for integration.  For example.

1.4.1 init.inc.php only has

define('COPPERMINE_VERSION', '1.4.1');
define('COPPERMINE_VERSION_STATUS', 'beta');

if (!defined('IN_COPPERMINE')) { die('Not in Coppermine...');}

1.3.5 init.inc.php has all the integration lines

define('COPPERMINE_VERSION', '1.3.5');
// User database integration
// Uncomment the applicable line if you want to use it
// define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'phpbb');
// define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'invisionboard');
// define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'vbulletin23');
// define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'vbulletin30');
// define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'yabbse');
// define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'smf');
// define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'woltlab21');
// define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'punbb');
if (!defined('IN_COPPERMINE')) die('Not in Coppermine...');

Or am I just not gonna have any gallery for my smf 1.1rc1 at this time?

vostok4

ynohtna, 1.4.1 uses a "Bridge Manager", find it at the bottom in Admin Tools.

I've got 1.4.1 bridging to SMF 1.1 RC1, but the groups are horribly messed up. It seems that CPG automatically adds 100 to the groupid for users and groups (so groupid 101 will appear as 201 for both user links and group links) other than the fact people with groupid = 0 get +100 on the groupid but the groupid with id 100 doesn't for some reason, and I've spent a bunch of hours trying to fix the bridge, but to no avail. I just don't see why the heck they are doing it the way they are... it seems like its not finished.

First of all, you have to select "use post count groups" in the Bridge Wizard because otherwise you get this nice code:

if ($this->use_post_based_groups){
if ($this->group_overrride){
$udb_groups = $this->collect_groups();
} else {
$sql = "SELECT * FROM {$this->groupstable} WHERE {$this->field['grouptbl_group_name']} <> ''";

$result = cpg_db_query($sql, $this->link_id);

$udb_groups = array();

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
{
$udb_groups[$row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_id']]+100] = utf_ucfirst(utf_strtolower($row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_name']]));
}
}
} else {
$udb_groups = array(1 =>'Administrators', 2=> 'Registered', 3=>'Guests', 4=> 'Banned');
}

You can see the "else" statement there just outputs 4 default groups if you do not want post based groups (which I do not because its stupid, just begs for spam whores to get post counts up for priveleges, I want a select few people to have priveledges).

So I tried first setting on line 81 in smf10.inc.php

'usertbl_group_id' => 'ID_POST_GROUP', // name of 'group id' field in users table

to

'usertbl_group_id' => 'ID_GROUP', // name of 'group id' field in users table

However, this creates a problem for all users with groupid 0, all the rest have proper permissions.

Does anyone know the ETA for final CPG 1.4? I am going to work on it in a bit, its 8:30 am and I'm going to sleep.

kegobeer

If you have specific questions about Coppermine 1.4.x, ask at the Coppermine forums.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

Ben_S

I've got CPG 4.1 beta bridged with SMF 1.1 running ok, just make sure you download a copy of the smf bridge from the coppermine CVS, the one supplied with 1.4.1 beta will not work with 1.1, well it wouldn't a couple of months back unless they have updated the package without changing the version numbers.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

kegobeer

For best results, get 1.4.x from the CVS, not just the bridge files.

ynohtna

thanks for the replies guys!  I'll try to get it from CVS and see how my experience is!

The_Todd

Quote from: brother7 on October 24, 2005, 07:28:02 PM
On a related note, since I've banged my head on this for so long, I'm tempted to just use the latest stable versions... Joomla 1.0.3 + SMF 1.0.5 + CPG 1.3.5.  If I decide to go this route, can someone point me to a definitive guide an how to visually integrate this with Joomla, and how to bridge them all such that SMF acts as the primary user database?
If you are looking for a visual integration of Coppermine 1.4.1 for either Mambo or Joomla then see hxxp:www.joombla.com [nonactive] . There is a component available there.

~Todd

Advertisement: