News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

changing background image

Started by circles, March 14, 2016, 04:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

circles

I've tried going to the support page for the theme I'm using "Bug_smf2rc3", but there hasn't been activity there in quite some time.

I'm trying to change the background image. I've replaced the file "backdrop.png" in the /images/theme directory with "kanbackdrop.png" and changed the only reference I can find to that filename in the css code. I've even changed the name of the original file, hoping it would give me an error for not finding it. Instead, it keeps loading the original image. I've gone through all the files and that image isn't in any other file in the theme's directories. So, how is it doing that?

Here's the page: http://www.knitalongnow.com/forum

The outer frame/background is orange with the theme name in it. I made a replacement image that was white with my site name in it. How is it still pulling up a file that I changed the name of? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

circles

I guess it just took time for the change on my server to be recognized by the internet? I reloaded the thing about 50 times. When I waited about an hour and tried again, the page loaded the my new file. I had cleared the cache, so I don't really understand. But I this thread is moot now.

Illori

maybe your host has css cache? if so that is why it took a while. you could ask them to disable that and see if it helps.

Advertisement: