News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Free] Allow up to 4000 smileys in forum and arrange them on tabs.

Started by tpgames, April 28, 2016, 02:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpgames

Thanks in advance to whomever takes this on! :D

Free due to credit union issues beyond my control (teacher's credit union without a clue. Dad handles my finances so I can't switch to a real bank. :P ) I was reminded of this by my sister.

Version:
2.0.11 with Metin 2 Blue Theme (just needs to work with this theme).  (No, I do not intend to upgrade forum until PHP and MySQL forces me to upgrade forum to keep it working. I can't get SMF core them to have the cool look and feel of Metin 2 blue, which is why I'm not upgrading to 2.1 when it comes out.)

Description:
SMF will be able to handle 4000 Smileys (or more is fine), and allow easy arrangement between tabs by Admin or global moderator with the option of being able to know which tab, smiley is being moved too. Also, tabs will be renamed. Button would allow more tabs to be created. No auto tab creation by code as this really does not work for me.

Permissions:
Admin would be able to access and modify the mod. The features to choose which tab you want to get which smiley you want, would be accessible by members only, and no guest. Currently this happens to only be Global moderator and Admin, but I am opening it up to any member. - Yes, forum is THAT private. lol

Feature Set: Detailed description -
1. Will make SMF handle 4000 Smileys. (CPU is not an issue as this is only for a 2 member forum.) I promise to not request for a higher number than this. ;)

2. Will allow smileys to be arranged on Tabs but will work with Metin_2_Blue theme (does not need to work with any other theme).

3. In the Admin area, where I can move Smileys, there will be a clear indication as to which "tab" the smileys are being moved too.  Tabbed Smileys does not have a clear indication as to which tab smiley is being moved too.

4. Will be able to add tabs as needed using a button (not have it automatic based on some arbitrary code, like tabbed smileys does). This button would bring up the option in some fashion to name the new tab.

5. Will be able to rename tab (just like Tabbed Smiley mod). Indeed, this is the only part of their mod I've gotten to work.

CSS: I'd just be able to dictate text colour and background color. Thanks!

OPTIONAL: 6. If you need to limit the number of tabs created to make it easier for you to program, then I can work with 40 tabs (preferred) or 30 tabs. Anything less then 25 tabs will be more difficult for me to work with due to the massive amount of Kanji images that I will eventually add. Otherwise, no limit on number of tabs would be cool.

Lastly, I do not intend to add more features, or request updates unless PHP or MySQL forces me to upgrade my forum. I'm trying to keep this a "do this once and forget about it" deal (at least until my parents die and I can switch banks and pay for services.)

Extra: (Just in case you need to know this) This is the list of mods I use currently:
1.   Bakers Dozen Pages   1.2 
2.   Fanfics System   1.3
3.   Tabbed smileys   0.3.99c     
4.   Login Security   1.0.3     
5.   SMF Quiz   1.1.1 beta1     
6.   MathJax   1.3   
7.   Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag   3.10
8.   cbi 1.0   1.8.1
9.   Tagging System   3.0     
10.   To-Do List   2.0 
11.   Global Headers Footers   2.0.1 
12.   Tabbed smileys   0.3.99c     
13.   SA Chat   1.0a1 Rev120 
14.   [BBCode] Overline   1.1 
15.   Add Favicon.ico Support   1.3 

Update: Attached picture of some of my smileys, admin area and post area. Sorry!

tpgames

Can't edit post - may be my error. :P

Another issue I have is that the theme makes it impossible to see all the choices in editing the smileys. I'd need a fix for this too. And yes, if you get the above to work in default theme, instead of our theme, I can live with that. Why? A force of all smileys to be less then 750px long does not work, and so far I can not figure out how to force Metin theme to stop resizing the board. Thanks!

If you happen to be thinking about taking this on, and do happen to live in my area, then I would be able to pay cash, but you'd have to be in MN. Thanks!

Steve

Quote from: tpgames on May 08, 2016, 12:24:05 PMCan't edit post - may be my error. :P

Not your error. There's a time limit on editing posts.
DO NOT pm me for support!

tpgames

Thats fine. :D

Update: I did solve the Metin theme messing with the Editing Smiley screen. I simply added to the admin.css
#smiley213  { width: 200px; } and that solved it.

Advertisement: