Create New Global Moderator Groups ?

Started by JaGuR, May 05, 2016, 07:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaGuR

Hi guys,

Having a few delema's, I need a certain group of people that can post html tags so they can add race fields to posts.

The only group that can do this is Global moderators by the looks of things, but I want another group that can post html but not have the other moderator permissions.

I look in phpadmin in members groups but could find anything that differentiated one group from another.

I have tried creating a group from the moderator permissions, but the html tags keep getting removed

Help appreciated

qc

Global mods can post HTML in your forum? AFAIK only admins can.

You should be aware of the security risks. A knowledgeable person can easily gain admin access by posting HTML code via this BBC-tag.
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

JaGuR

Yh, I know all the risks and why I only want a select group of people who can post race fields, copy html from a site and post them on our site.

Impossible to use bbcode to do that.

Is there any work arounds, where is the HTML tags being stripped.

I have moved from SMF1 to SMF2 and there were membergroup defined html permissions mod.

Really need this ability, it was what my forum runs on basically

JaGuR

Am I correct, Admin is member group id 1 Moderators Member group id 2.

Is this how you define how can and can't use html ?

JaGuR

OK, I have found a way to remove the html tag from being stripped I think, but I need a way of controlling how can and can't use it I guess.

if (allowedTo('post_html')) need to add a variable to this,

if (allowedTo('post_html') || $newvariable here)

Any idea's

qc

You would probably have to modify the preparsecode()-function in Subs-Post.php and change the condition in "if (allowedTo('admin_forum'))" to something suitable for you. Alternatively, SMF offers the option to allow simple html tags in you posts and parse them as if it where BBCode-Tags (e.g. <b> -> [b], <i> -> [i]).
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

Advertisement: