News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Connection Problems

Started by habeycole, July 08, 2016, 07:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

habeycole

Hi,

Someone else already created a thread like this, but this is way TOO different from the person's issue.

One of my forum is currently down, accidentally from a fault of mine, and I tried to fix it up, but it's becoming messier by the second. I changed my database and paths and did some tweaking to effect the changes on my server. First, it was okay. But as I tried to configure back to the normal one it was before my change, I started having a connection problem. I guess it could be because of the time difference.... If I'm not working on the Forum for over 30 mins, I'd need to re-login to do whatever I want to do... I think everyone knows this. So, is there anyone who can help me solve this anomaly?

Kindred

What anomoly?

Admin sessions always expire, always have, and always SHOULD.  You can turn OFF the admin extra password check, but that is not recommended, at all.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

habeycole

Hi Kindred, I know about the elapsed time and I'm very well aware of its security system. However, that's not the anomaly I wish to correct. The anomaly is that while changing my DB path from my Admin end, the session elapsed while the last saved DB path was wrong, hence, I have a connection problem. I hope you get what I mean, and I'm available for any help.

Sir Osis of Liver

repair_settings.php.

Or you can edit database settings manually in Settings.php.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

habeycole

Hi Sir Osis of Liver, thanks for your input. I'd work on that ASAP and give my feedback.

Edit: You are a darling. I fixed the issue... Much kisses to you!

Advertisement: