LF Help with mod [Clan Buttons]

Started by Dark Wizard, July 13, 2016, 08:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Wizard

Hello!

I was looking for a long time for some functionality for my forum and it's time to ask for help.

The idead is of creation BB codes, based on groups. I done that for my old PunBB forum, and now want to migrate to SMF, and need that.

There are many groups and sometimes they can change or new will appear. My idea is to add editable tags, like "Clan" or "Guild Master" for example (better to do the ability to create/edit that tags), that have 2 parameters:
- list of groups that belongs to that tag
- list of groups that dat tag can see (or just tags that dat tag can see)

For example, we have 5 groups: players (1), clan (2), veteran (3), officer (4), leader (5). We can create 3 tags: "guild, raid leader, master".

List of groups (they are not duplicating):
Guild: clan (2), veteran (3)
Raid Leaders: officer (4)
Master: leader (5)

List of groups, that tag can see:
Guild:  players (1), clan (2), veteran (3)
Raid Leaders:  players (1), clan (2), veteran (3), officer (4)
Master:  players (1), clan (2), veteran (3), officer (4), leader (5)

So master can see all content for all groups, Raid Leader can see content for Clan and Raid Leaders, and so on.

Now I'am using hide content mod, but that solution is better (I can change visible of posts at any time), I also can always add new groups or delete old groups (now the message like "[hide group=2]999[/hide]" will not work if I change groups). And I can add only one button like "Clan" at bb code panel (that works like bold code button) - it's much faster then printing bb code with params.

Any who can develope this mod or help with developement - welcome!

Advertisement: