News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Server/URL Source Problem

Started by Tangram, October 28, 2005, 10:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangram

Hi all,

I've just discovered another glitch that I wasn't aware of until I started to look at my new board on someone else's machine.  On my box it works perfectly, but on anyone else's machine the board fails because the PHP script is compiling code with a bad URL.

For example, if I have a look at the images on the main menu having logged in on my machine, the "Home" button is listed as ...

hxxp:localhost/smf/Themes/classic/images/english/home.gif [nonactive]

Obviously this works fine on my machine, but not on anyone else's on the LAN.  The URL should read ...

hxxp:it01.mmisexchnage.local/smf/Themes/classic/images/english/home.gif [nonactive]

Now I originally set the thing up using 'localhost' as the server name.  Obviously in hindsite this was wrong and I should have used 'it01.mmisexchnage.local'.  However I've gone into the settings.php file and changed the $boardurl parameter to read correctly, so now it reads ...

$boardurl = 'hxxp:it01.mmisexchnage.local/smf' [nonactive]

which looks good to me.  Having made the change I restarted the MySQL server, restarted IIS and tried again.  No luck!  I cleared all of the offline files, deleted the browser cookies and eventually rebooted the server.  To no avail, however.  The URL's posted by SMF are still wrong.

I assume that, since I put the wrong field in the thing in the first place that this 'localhost' value is posted elseware, either in the code or as part of the MySQL database data.  I can't find it though.

I've tried running the install.php again with the correct parameters, but that hasn't helped.  I don't really want to kill the board and start again from scratch as I've done about a days work building up the boards, adding users, assigning security groups etc.

Does anyone have any ideas where this erroneous 'localhost' is coming from so I can manually change it to read correctly.  I've got phpmyadmin working if I need to gain access to the DB propper.

Tangram

Not to worry, I just found it.

If anyone else has this problem then the info is being disseminated from the MySQL database.

Mine's called smf (the default value) and the erroneous entries are held in the 'smf_themes' table.  I simply changed the URLS in {theme_url} and {images_url} to read correctly.  Don't forget there is an entry in this table for each theme type you've got, so when you're looking for the entries in the DB, check out the URL's for each of the theme types you have loaded.

Advertisement: