Avatar size/animation permissions

Started by kmlkmljkl, August 06, 2016, 02:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmlkmljkl

It would be great if there was a mod where you could restrict avatars based on user groups.

For instance, making it so that regular users can't have animated avatars, and making it so that premium users can have animated avatars that are bigger than normal.

Grammy

Oldiesmann authored a mod that was "back in the day" for 1.x, so it wouldn't work on 2.x.  It dealt with additional avatar permissions, although I don't see anything that deals specifically with animated avatars. ( I suppose there would need to be some sort of permission for gif formats.)

This is it, in case he happens by here and wants to weigh in on it, or someone feels inspired to have a go at something similar.   :)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=129

If there's anything else for this sort of thing, I've not run across it.  Maybe someone else has, hopefully.

Kindred

How would the system know which avatars are animated?  As far as it is concerned, an animated avatar is just a gif....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

You can tell a GIF which is animated from a GIF which isn't (look for multiple animation frames), but having different sized avatars usually makes the theme look super messy and inconsistent.

Advertisement: