News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Avea Type Youtube Embedding

Started by FrizzleFried, August 11, 2016, 11:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrizzleFried

All of a sudden as of today the youtube embedding for AVEA MEDIA (which I see is no longer even available here) stopped working.  Is there a modification that does what AVEA media did an allow for youtube embedding WITHOUT having to put tags?   I have 5 years of posts with THOUSANDS of videos embedded... if I switch to a tag based system ALL those videos are gone.

HELP!

FrizzleFried

Sorry...wrong forum.  :(

Please move.

FrizzleFried

BTW - I just determined the issue is happening ONLY on Chrome oddly... (it worked YESTERDAY?!?) ... not Firefox...

EDIT: It's also happening in IE.  So Firefox it's fine... Chrome and IE not so much so.

Suki

There are a few mods that allows autoembed from a link:  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=youtube

Is up to you to determinate if any of those mods suits your unique requirements.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

FrizzleFried

I see one... yours.  However it doesn't want to play nice with my site requiring manual edits.  I'll have to dig in and see if I can get it to work.

I find it very odd the Avea just stopped working for two browsers but not Fire Fox overnight.   Very strange indeed.   Of course we can't get any support for Aeva because of the disposition of the author.

ozbob

Yes, youtube embedded videos not working now in Pale Moon, Vivaldi, IE.  Still working in FF.

I think youtube must have changed something ...

Yikes!

nend

Is it the HTML5 embedded videos or the Flash. Chrome is suppose to drop all Flash support soon and Firefox was planning to do the same. Not sure about IE though, probably so since everyone else is doing it.

If this is the case you'll have to update the Flash embeds to the HTML 5.  :-\

FrizzleFried

I just checked my site and Firefox defaults to the HTML5 player and works... CHROME/IE default to the flash player and don't work.

How do I force the HTML5 player for all browsers?

nend

Not too sure if this will work since the site I use Aeva on is anything but stock, luckily I still had the original source code laying around. This is not tested, just after examining the source I think I found a workaround that should do the trick.

In
Aeva-Embed.php Find
$use_object = $use_object_init || (!empty($arr['plugin']) && $arr['plugin'] != 'flash') || !empty($arr['allow-script']) || ($arr['id'] == 'yav' && $context['browser']['is_firefox']);

Replace
$use_object = $use_object_init || (!empty($arr['plugin']) && $arr['plugin'] != 'flash') || !empty($arr['allow-script']) || $arr['id'] == 'yav';

Ultimately you can just...
$use_object = true;
However without being able to test this, I am confident the last code snippet will fix YouTube among breaking other embeds.

FrizzleFried

Unfortunately replacing that single line of code did not force CHROME or IE to use HTML5 player rather than flash player... there was no change in behavior.

:(

I checked Firefox and it still is working fine loading the HTML5 player rather than the flash player.

Thank you for the attempt at least.

Geor'G

Download the file from here https://github.com/realdigger/Aeva-Sites-Custom/releases take from it a file Aeva-Sites-Custom.php and replace them his.
Then, turn off and back on Youtube in Admin - Aeva the Media - self key - Sites Aeva

RU:
Скачать архив отсюда https://github.com/realdigger/Aeva-Sites-Custom/releases взять из него файлик Aeva-Sites-Custom.php и заменить им свой.
Потом, выключить и снова включить Youtube в Админка - Aeva Media - Автовставка - Сайты Aeva

QuoteCopy Sorces/Aeva-Sites-Custom.php to the forum /Sources directory.
For Aeva-Lite rename Aeva-Sites-Custom.php to Subs-Aeva-Custom.php

* 2013-05-09. Support for vk.com added.
* 2013-07-08. Fixed vimeo.com embedding.
* 2013-07-17. Fixed video.yandex.ru embedding.
* 2013-07-18. Fixed rutube.ru embedding. Fixed smotri.com embedding. Support for vesti.ru added. Support for rpod.ru added.
* 2013-08-29. Support for coub.com added.
* 2016-08-12. Change youtube embedding to html5 video

https://www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=19326.0

FrizzleFried

Advertisement: