News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Instant board subscription email not sending, daily intermittent

Started by king kratos, August 16, 2016, 03:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king kratos

Hello,

I have not subscribed to any boards for a couple years, but just did a week ago. My Forum is not sending instant emails and when I switch to daily, it didn't send each day consistently.

I receive admin emails such as new member.

Any thoughts on where to start troubleshooting?

Kratos

Illori

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

king kratos

Quote from: Illori on August 16, 2016, 04:07:55 PM
are you using the mail queue?

Yes,  I have mail queue configured. But there is never anything in it.

Kratos

Illori

if you dont have enough hits on the forum either from users or spiders, it will delay the sending of emails in the queue.

king kratos

Quote from: Illori on August 16, 2016, 04:39:32 PM
if you dont have enough hits on the forum either from users or spiders, it will delay the sending of emails in the queue.

Problem is I don't have any mails waiting in the queue. It's completely empty.

And I get new registration emails within 10 minutes of the registration.

Kratos

king kratos

I switched my notification to instant, disabled the mail queue and posted in a subscribed board as a guest using custom form mod (contact us). That was about an hour ago. I still have not received the notification email. However, I did receive a new member registration email (I registered as a test) during this same period. I actually received the registration email to complete the registration as well as the Admin email.

I created the contact form and subscribed board so people could contact me for my business. It is imperative that I receive notification when a new person contacts me.

Any thoughts?

Kratos

king kratos

Any thoughts? Instant and daily notification still doesn't work, but i get new user registration emails just fine.

Kratos

Advertisement: