SMF 2.0.12 released

Started by LiroyvH, September 27, 2016, 10:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiroyvH

Please do not use this topic for support requests.
You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board or the Install and Upgrades Help board.

Dear Members,

Simple Machines Forum has released a new patch to the 2.0.x line, bringing our latest release version to 2.0.12.

This patch is a security and maintenance release, which focuses on fixing a couple of minor bugs, while adding some enhancements and a patch to a security vulnerability reported in the software. Therefore, it is important that you install this patch in a timely manner.

If you are running version 2.0.11, you can upgrade your forum to the latest version by using the package manager. As usual, you should see the upgrade notification in the admin panel notifications and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.  If you don't see the notification about the upgrade patch, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the Scheduled Tasks page (Admin > Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Fetch Simple Machines Files (check the "Run Now" checkbox and click the "Run Now" button)).

If you use older versions of SMF, you can upgrade directly to 2.0.12 from whichever version you are currently using by using the "full upgrade" archive from the downloads page. Be aware that using this upgrade method will require you to reinstall any customizations that you have added to your forum, so if you are running a version of the 2.0.x series, it is recommended that you apply the successive patches instead of using the full upgrade.

You can view the change log for the latest release, as usual, on the downloads page.

If you are having problems downloading the patch from the admin panel, you can download the patch package from the upgrade patches page and install it via the package manager, as you would any other mod package

Please refer to the Online Manual for more details about:

Thank you for using SMF!

Regards,
Simple Machines Forum
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

d3vcho

Finally 2.0.12 is here. Good to know, let's upgrade our sites. Great job!

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Looking

Thank you for continuing to maintain SMF for optimal use.

vbgamer45

Congrats on the update. Mod site needs to have 2.0.12 in mods to edit probably same for themes too
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SleePy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 27, 2016, 12:15:25 PM
Congrats on the update. Mod site needs to have 2.0.12 in mods to edit probably same for themes too

All fixed.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Mr. Jinx

It's alive!!! Thanks again guys for your time and effort!

@rjen

Patch applied and checked. All working ok, thanks team!
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

alexetgus

Finally ! Finally update 2.0.12 ! But disappointed. Just a few corrections.
Always no compliant PHP7... :(

LiroyvH

The discussion about PHP 7 support has been moved to Feature Requests.

Thank you :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

alexetgus

Steve

Thanks to the whole team for this! :D
DO NOT pm me for support!

gisfreak

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

RDXing - VC-MP

Quote from: d3vcho on September 27, 2016, 10:59:44 AM
Finally 2.0.12 is here. Good to know, let's upgrade our sites. Great job!

Regards :)

whoey

mine are patched, is there a changelog/feature/fix list somewhere?

Antes

Quote from: whoey on September 28, 2016, 09:50:46 AM
mine are patched, is there a changelog/feature/fix list somewhere?

You can find changelog at the bottom of this page.

whoey

Alain Rheault

I applied the patch from 2.0.11 to  .. 2.0.12 ,  and evereting WORK fine ,  the base and all my MODs ! 

Thanks!

ILUXA

Quote from: Alain Rheault on September 28, 2016, 12:57:32 PM
I applied the patch from 2.0.11 to  .. 2.0.12 ,  and evereting WORK fine ,  the base and all my MODs ! 

I have similar experience! All (forum and modifications) works very well!  :)

Thank you very much, SMF team!!

SMF — the BEST!

Tiribulus

Advertisement: