Question - "Allow users to email me" in user profile

Started by dapaq2, October 09, 2016, 03:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapaq2

Group,

I want to hide "Allow users to email me" within each users profile and force each user to allow other users to email them. This inquiry is NOT about visually showing their email address, that is not what I am wanting, email addresses can remain hidden. What I want is to prevent users from unchecking this box not allowing to be emailed. I don't want them to know disabling this is an option so want to hide it and prevent them from disabling this function. So how can I go about accomplishing this, are there any mods currently available for this? If not, what would I need to do to hard code the changes manually?

Thank you,
Doug

vbgamer45

Remove this from themes/default/register.template.php

<dt><strong><label for="allow_email">', $txt['allow_user_email'], ':</label></strong></dt>
<dd>
<input type="checkbox" name="allow_email" id="allow_email" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" class="input_check" />
</dd>

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

dapaq2

I am not using the registration system, all members accounts are setup by me through pre-registration. How do I hide the "Allow users to email me" from or in the users profile?

Advertisement: