Some emails are not being delivered

Started by PLAYBOY, October 14, 2016, 02:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

I have this weird problem going on the forum

Some members dont get nofitication emails for replies to the topics. Some members also dont get notifications for PM. Also I got this mod where you can @MEMBER and that member gets a notification. Some members also dont get these notifications as well.

but again this is just some members and sometimes. How can I fix this? I have no idea where to start

br360

Is it possible your host places limits on the amount of emails that get sent out per day? Ask them and see what they say

It's also possible that some of the members are having their notifications/emails sent to their email spam/junk folders as well

The mentions mod could be a completely different issue as from what I remember; each member can set how they want to receive mention notifications in their profile (email, pm or no notifications I believe) Have the members check their profile to see how they have mention notifications set

PLAYBOY

I got both checked. No solution. There must be something within the settings of the forum cause they dont get reply notification but then they get a pm notification. I mean It`s just so random

Illori

maybe some messages are being flagged as spam and getting deleted before the users even get them?

PLAYBOY

But some members who use the same email client gets those notifications.
Again, I think this is something within the forum settings but I`m not sure

Illori

there is no forum setting that can keep some of the emails from being received.

PLAYBOY

For example this member recieves only the "someone mentioned you in a post" email but he doesnt get anything else form the forum

Kindred

that, seriously, sounds like an issue on the receiving side, not the sending side
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: